Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

4-6k rpm gurgle flatspot 06 r6

399 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NothingShortofTruth 
#1 ·
hello people, this problem is getting very very annoying and dangerous at times. My 06 r6 is completely fine before 4k and after 6k rpm, approximately 5000-5500 rpm is the worst. i have no power and it shoots off like a rocket once i get to 6k rpm. I've tried a power commander. I have a flashed ecu... so once i got the power commander tuned TWICE i just took it out. the second time i got it tuned at this shop they told me it was the "state regulated" one and they could not completely get rid of the flatspot, sad thing is nothing changed, they didn't get rid of anything but i still payed for the tuning. I can't for the life of me figure this out. I've seen other people post about this that have the exact same problem and no one seems to know. one person fixed their's with a power commander, but in my case it didn't work. I am having a little bit of an electrical issue, with my lights not always turning on and code 19 (rare) saying i have an open lead. I am checking my battery and spark plugs in the next few days as I have been busy the past few days. I have a gut feeling it is not my battery... i've had battery issues on a few other bikes and i know its not my battery...

Please any advice would be helpful thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.