Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2013 flywheel bolt question

573 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboBlew 
#1 ·
So i go into a lowside without sliders so my stator cover got all rashed up to the point where it scuffed the flywheel bolt just a tiny bit. So i decided to replace the bolt while replacing the stator cover. Mind you i didnt have a rearstand, it was just in the kickstand. So i tried loosening it up and everytime i turned it i heard air coming out and the flywheel kept moving with the bolt as i turned. I tried to rotate it a few times then decided to give up because it didnt feel like it was loosening up. I tried to retighten it but it wouldnt tighten like the gears inside where locked up or so ethi g so i check the flywheel to see if there was a gap from loosening it but there was none then i just replaced the stator and filled the bike up with oil. The buke doesnt feel right though like it gets rough when i gas it and it is a lot louder than before. Feels like if i push it hard the engine might get damaged... Anyone go through the same thing or have any tips on what this could be?
Thanks in advace.

#2 ·
So did you actually loosen the bolt or not? I would guess that you didn't. The proper way to do that is to remove the clutch plates and use a clutch holding tool to hold the crankshaft in place.

I'd take a look under the tank for more damage. Maybe a cracked airbox, dislodged air filter, or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.