Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

I'm did everything I could. I need help!

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  Flyers28 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey my name is Nick new to this forum.
Anyways I recently got a 2003 r6 ran perfect for about a month then I was leaking fuel from o ring under gas tank fixed that I rode it same day ran perfect two days after I haven't touched the bike I start in the morning barley started idle was almost to 0 didn't shut off tho an the throttle wasn't smooth at all an when I got to 8k rpm the bike just lost power no acceleration then finally hit 10k rpm the bike kicks an gets a lil more power it's the same symptoms as the denzo coils but I just changed that under warranty to mitsubishi coils (shop did it) an I just changed spark plugs today still no difference in performance my last thing I think it could be is the gas might put some gas treatment in the tank (like seafoam or something) to clean everything out ... hope you guys can help me out ?

Mods : two Bros slip on
K&n filter

Miles: 9,800

#2 ·
Seems your bike not getting enough fuel. Check the injectors and make sure they are clean. Specially if you say started happening as soon as you fixed the fuel leak. Also check the fuel lines. I got an 05 R6 and first thing i did was change out all the fuel components.

#3 ·
Thank you for the reply!!! Yea Im gonna do put some fuel stuff in the tank to clean out the injectors (like seafoam or something better) or is there something better to clean the injectors but like I said after I fixed the fuel leak I road it the same day an it rode perfect then two days pass jus sitting the bike runs like shit

#15 ·
It's all good I tried sea foam didn't work changed spark plugs too still nothing. Put it back in shop they said it was throttle position sensor but of course they just put a new one on today still bike runs like shit an the coils were just replaced like a week ago covered by the warranty so I do not know what it could be nor do I think the shop does either..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.