Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2004 R6 Immobiliser problems

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  yamahacrazy 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum, found it by trying to search for my problem. So my R6 had been sitting for about two weeks. I went to start it last weekend pressed the button on my key, put it in like normal, everything came on like normal. But it wouldnt go. Figured it was just super low battery. Charged it up, same thing. I took off the rear seat and the alarm started going haywire. Key wont turn it off, nothing. Had to put the seat back on. So its quite obvious that my immobiliser is acting up. Done a little research couldn't really find a way to try and reset it or do a power cycle. I did see something that you can try with the master key? Perhaps I'm wrong on that. Anyone know of a way to do a power cycle or just try to get it going? Thanks

#3 ·
When i put the key into the ignition and turn on the bike, it comes on as if its brand new. No un usual lights. Everything does its normal lights on then off, the speedo moves etc. No flickering nothing. All good. When i press the start button it does nothing. Just nothing. No crank, no noises.

The immobiliser light does go off on the dash though, so when the key is in, its saying its off, but I dont think it is.

#4 ·
Have you checked all the connections to make sure everything is grounded? Now you also mentioned you dont hear the starter click right?. Try putting it on 2nd gear and pop the clutch while rolling it to see if it turns on.

Let me know.

If it does come down to be the immobiliser its gonna be a b**ch to take it apart to check it. Hopefully is not because to get a whole new assembly may cost you like $500 give or take.

#5 ·
Also did you test the battery? People think their battery is good even after being charged. Use a multimeter to check it and if you dont have one any auto part store should be able to check it for you as well or swap it out with a friend. It might have enough juice to turn on the light but not enough to turn on the engine lol.

#6 ·
Yea, I tested the battery, its holding good. Not the best but way enough to start it. It's dark where I'm at here in the UK now so ill do that in the morning, see if it starts. Ill get back to you.

The thing is, it was working around a week ago. So unless a wire burnt out or something I really have no idea how it wouldn't be grounded

#8 ·
batteries are known for just taking a crap on ya. and just because it has a good charge doesn't mean it can start and engine. often times a cell fails and it wont have enough amp output to turn the engine over.
most autoparts stores in in the USA will load test a battery. I'm sure you guys do too. a load test will determine if the battery is bad or ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.