Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Coil Recalls

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  The_Don46 
#1 ·
So im changing plugs on my 05 and noticed my coils have the yellowish top which i believe to be recalled will yamaha just send me the coils to do myself or does it have to be done at a dealership for them to foot the bill

#2 ·
You have to take it to a Yamaha dealer (Authorized dealer) so that they can do it for you once they confirm the recall. You will probably have to sit it out for an hour or so while they do that for you.

They have to do what they get paid to do lol..so their bill is their problem.

Which reminds me to take my Acura for a recall on the power steering pump too :)

#9 ·
Hi guys. Not sure if I'm on the right thread. My bike is the 3rd gen 2006 R6.

Previous owner replaced the coils earlier this year. The other day when on track at high revs I have no power and battery dies.

Previous owner reckons it could be coils. Being an ex Suzuki owner my immediate thoughts are Regulator/Rectifier or Stator as the battery has drained itself.

I connected bike to Optimate that then did a battery repair, charged battery and now is maintaining battery. Advise would be appreciated if there is something specific to R6 that causes this high RPM power loss and battery draining.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.