Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2006 R6 loping idle. Any suggestions?

728 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bolbi 
#1 ·
Hey guys. So my bike has been sounding weird when I cold start it. It sounds like it's misfiring almost but it all goes away once the engine is warmed up. It also smells like it's running pretty rich. I've attached a YouTube video to show you guys. You can hear what I'm talking about best at around 50 seconds and it all goes away at the end when the bike is warmed up above 100. I was thinking it could be the spark plugs or the coils. But the fact that it goes away makes me uncertain. I just bought the bike from a dealership so it most likely sat for a little while before I bought it. Any ideas?
https://youtu.be/usV1lq_bTHg

#2 ·
My bike sounded like that but it was really cold outside. Once warmed up its fine I know the temps outside were in the 30's. Do you have a power commander on the bike? If so I am sure someone would be able to assist you if its real rich at idle.

#4 ·
It doesn't really sound bad at all after I listened to it again. Since it stops once it warms up I would think it was just a cold startup and its fine. The power commander would be under one of the seats if you have one. Since you bought it at the dealership if you are concerned you could have them look at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.