Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Starter relay

469 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Flyers28 
#1 ·
Is it time for a new starter relay? It clicks when i turn the key on. It has corosion. Is it possible to be fixed?

#3 ·
I am at a complete lost rn. I do not have a neutral light even tho the bike is in neutral. I unhooked the neutral light and cleaned it then out it back in. Then that relay started to click when I would turn the key so I figured I waa making progress. I go to hit the starter button and still absolutely nothing.

#4 ·
Not sure what to tell you. Electrical problems require a methodical approach, you can't just stab here and there. In all of your posts about your situation you lack a lot of detail that would help any of us help you get on the right track. I gave you the link to the service manual in one of your other posts that will help you along the way, download it and put it to good use.

You need to figure out what works and what doesn't then work from there. The wiring diagram in the back of the manual is very helpful for tracing electrical problems.

For starters, go to the service manual where it talks about troubleshooting the neutral switch and follow that. The bike will not start if the neutral switch has failed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.