Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

help me veteran racers!!!

756 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Agent4573 
#1 ·
I've been doing mantainence on my 05' R6 in half the recomended odometer readings. and i'm wondering why the R6 has a 26,000 mile recomondation for valve adjustments, while every other manufacturer has half that? i know i can get away with alot at the race track with just having R6 printed on my fairing, but can my engine get away with valve adjustmets at 13,000 miles all at race pace? ( i change oil much more often, and tires at less than 1/4 time compared to street)
also, can any racers tell me their service time of their
tires
engine oil
fork oil
radiator fluid
stering damper
engine components....
it would really help me staying safe out there, and safe for me is safe for you haha.

#2 ·
The R6 uses titanium shims to adjust the valve clearances. Ti is a very durable metal and its why yami only recommends a valve check/adjustment every 26k. I think at an all race pace you should be fine checking them every 13k. Chances are you won't have to change any shims, but should probably look at them every 10-15k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.