Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Reflashed ECU and Quick shifter

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  drewthere 
#1 ·
Wanting to know what is the real story with the reflash and QS. I know that the guy from Italy says his reflash comes with instructions to install the QS with out a PC3 or Bazzaz.
How about the reflash that are happing here in the US?
I cant recall who it was that I called about a reflash and they told me that the QS will not work on their system and that I would either have to get a standalone system or a PC or Bazzaz.

Anyone have anymore info on this?

#2 ·
www.2wheeldynoworks.com/ecunleashed

want real answers, ask a dealer ^

want forum answers, here ya go. quick questions, if you're not going to use a stand alone bazzaz qs or a dynojet qs which requires a pc3/5, which qs brand are you going with? and you're talking about two separate things here really, get the reflash, a pc5 and a qs and be done with it, engine management perfection is right there.

side note, stand alone bazzaz qs runs 400-500 bucks right? or you can buy a pc5 and a dynojet qs for 400-500 which gives you the addition of a pc5 which perfects fueling.

#3 ·
www.2wheeldynoworks.com/ecunleashed

want real answers, ask a dealer ^

want forum answers, here ya go. quick questions, if you're not going to use a stand alone bazzaz qs or a dynojet qs which requires a pc3/5, which qs brand are you going with? and you're talking about two separate things here really, get the reflash, a pc5 and a qs and be done with it, engine management perfection is right there.

side note, stand alone bazzaz qs runs 400-500 bucks right? or you can buy a pc5 and a dynojet qs for 400-500 which gives you the addition of a pc5 which perfects fueling.

Until it breaks. :laugh

I won't get into a bazzaz VS. dynojet thing here, but the way I've understood it, you don't need a fuel controller with a reflashed ECU. Not sure about the quickshifters, but I don't see why an 'HM' wouldn't work.

#5 ·
do what you want to your bike, i just know i've been involved in around 400 tunes this year and have seen more broken bazzaz and pc3's than pc5's by far. ecu reflashes get fuel within 90% of a perfect a:f ratio, every bike is literally a little different and require custom fuel maps to get to that sweet spot at 13.5:1 most bikes like. so technically, no, you dont need a fuel controller with a flashed ecu however its recommended to fine tune the specific bike as, like i said, every single bike is just a little different.

if you're going to spend 4-500 on a stand alone qs, you might as well get a fuel controller and qs instead is all i'm sayin

#6 ·
I need to know what quick quickshifter sensor do i go with for my 2007 r6 yzf and how how do i hook it up to my flashed ecu. Every quickshifter i look at online says something about power command. But since my ecu is flashed I dont need power command. Can somebody lmk. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.