2007 r6 APE Adjustable Cam Gears - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Mr. Speed

Bike: 07 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to mrspeedsr6
2007 r6 APE Adjustable Cam Gears

Has anyone ran these and if so how was they to get in time and also the specs, and has anyone ran the crower performance cams for the R6 and if so any specs on those for timing and how did they help out ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes
Re: 2007 r6 APE Adjustable Cam Gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedsr6 View Post
Has anyone ran these and if so how was they to get in time and also the specs, and has anyone ran the crower performance cams for the R6 and if so any specs on those for timing and how did they help out ?
having raced these machines quite competitively for 9 years, the stock camps are by far the most "rideable" and won't require kit springs or careful piston to valve clearancing. And before you get some adjustable cam gears, be sure what cam timing you want to run, then be prepared to spend some time on the dyno after that. Cam timing WILL GAIN YOU HP if the cam #'s are good numbers.. you can also mess your bike all up with "bad numbers". Builders won't just give those numbers out however as they make money doing it, and it likely took them days of dyno time to find good cam timing numbers that work.. and by work i mean work on track making good midrange and high end power, not just a big dip then spike to a high peak hp number..
If your just street riding, the R6 motor is VERY VERY strong and timed very well as is. There are ponies to be found with good dyno mapping without changing your cam timing numbers. And again, i do not suggest aftermarket cams unless your trying to do something very specific with the bike (like drag race - and why would you drag race an r6??)

OP: for your 07, you would be better off finding an 08+ adjustable v-stack assy, tank, ecu, harness, etc. and you will gain 10hp+- midrange and some up top, and it will cost less than a pair of aftermarket cams

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.