Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ - Page 126 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1251 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Cbr 600RR & 06 R6
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

FLASHED!

Thanks Jamie, I owe you one. We'll have some brewski's at the end of a TD this up comming summer

The reason for the lower rpm rev limit is so I don't get too carried away and blow the motor haha

going to the show this week? I'm only going to sign up for some TD's before they all disappear.

If you're not falling you're not trying hard enough

Last edited by cbrkp; 12-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1252 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*

Bike: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkp View Post
FLASHED!

Thanks Jamie, I owe you one. We'll have some brewski's at the end of a TD this up comming summer

The reason for the lower rpm rev limit is so I don't get too carried away and blow the motor haha

going to the show this week? I'm only going to sign up for some TD's before they all disappear.
Nice!!! When are you gonna try it out? It ain't snowin!

Sounds good. I'm going to try and run Calabogie a bunch next year, probably some TMP and Mosport too

I scored a free pair of tickets for the show so I'll for sure be going. My friend wants to buy a Ninja 300 but I heard they won't be at the show!!?

I have set the rev limiter to 16.5k for peeps and they ride the limiter all the way down the side straight at TMP and no problems yet, lol

TMP if you haven't been there:

-Jamie M.

post #1253 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
Nice!!! When are you gonna try it out? It ain't snowin!

Sounds good. I'm going to try and run Calabogie a bunch next year, probably some TMP and Mosport too

I scored a free pair of tickets for the show so I'll for sure be going. My friend wants to buy a Ninja 300 but I heard they won't be at the show!!?

I have set the rev limiter to 16.5k for peeps and they ride the limiter all the way down the side straight at TMP and no problems yet, lol

TMP if you haven't been there:

-Jamie M.
lol I would give it a try but I have no brake lever and no clip-ons haha... slowly putting it back together.

I checked the YCCT throttle table & for some odd reason the values are stock. I think it has to do with the software being buggy. so for the time being I don't think the throttle settings will work for me. I have emailed flash tune and I will call them daily till they pick up.

Interesting... the ninja 300? didnt even know they existed. I don't follow much of anything heh

being that its a track bike I don't want to kill it just yet, perhaps when I start racing then sure I'll rip that puppy right to red line if need be but its better to be safe then sorry in my books

TMP was actually the first track I ever rode, so I remember it pretty well I may end up there but depends where I want to start racing either in SOAR or RACE.

post #1254 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I eat my R6

btw when you adjust engine braking you do it with the fuel/ignition slider in general settings? You don't do it through the ignition map?

post #1255 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I checked the YCCT throttle table & for some odd reason the values are stock.
I don't think so! Stock, the bike snaps right from 60% throttle to 100% throttle at 8500RPM! In the map I made you it's a much smoother transition and brings you to the proper throttle openings at the right RPM for maximum power. The map is basically the same as stock except for at 65% throttle and over

Quote:
Interesting... the ninja 300? didnt even know they existed. I don't follow much of anything heh
Supposed to be a pretty sweet bike, slipper clutch, etc. http://www.kawasaki.ca/model/STREET-...1518/Ninja-300

Would just murder the 600's and 1000's at TMP for sure!

Quote:
TMP was actually the first track I ever rode, so I remember it pretty well I may end up there but depends where I want to start racing either in SOAR or RACE.
Nice, TMP was my first track too! Good luck in your race events next year

Here's my 2nd track day ever! It's at TMP as well:

-Jamie M.

post #1256 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
btw when you adjust engine braking you do it with the fuel/ignition slider in general settings? You don't do it through the ignition map?
In the new version of the software, 1.5.3.0, the fuel/ign slider bar works perfect for changing the maps! In every version prior it would totally mess up the maps and give you ZERO engine braking! SCARY!

So yep, I drag the slider bar, confirm timing and fuel additions/subtractions are correct for each gear, save the map, load it back up again, then double check the values again

-Jamie M.

post #1257 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I eat my R6

no no I'm sure you made adjustments to everything including the throttle table. The problem with my software is when I go to open up the throttle table all the values show like stock which leads me to believe the software is resetting the values. below is a screen shot of what I see when I open the throttle table. I've also tried to adjust the throttle table myself but it will automatically reset once I change to a different gear map or save and reopen

wow a slipper clutch haha thats crazy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	table.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	87116  

Last edited by cbrkp; 12-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.
post #1258 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
no no I'm sure you made adjustments to everything including the throttle table. The problem with my software is when I go to open up the throttle table all the values show like stock which leads me to believe the software is resetting the values.
Upload a pic of the general settings/main screen as well as the throttle table so we can see wtf is goin on!

-Jamie M.

post #1259 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
no no I'm sure you made adjustments
Map looks good, stock for comparison (look around 8500RPM):

-Jamie M.

post #1260 of 2674 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I eat my R6

previous image above is the throttle table and this image below is the screenshot of general settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	87117  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.