bike wont turn over after qem amd quick shifter install - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6
Bike: 07 candy red r6
bike wont turn over after qem amd quick shifter install

just installed and wired up the qem and qs and now the bike just clicks and won't start over, its leaking gas from somewhere, its all over my exhaust pipes. I have the green and blue wires connected to the pcv and the other green and blue wires connected to the qs ... when the bike accessory is turned on the qem status light comes blue and pcv turns green. in the pcv I have the qs turned on and configured. I have no idea what's going on, the bike just clicks when I hit the starter

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM
"The Dude abides .. "
Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes
Re: bike wont turn over after qem amd quick shifter install

im wondering if you wired something up and the injectors are now being told to stay open, allowing fuel from the primed pump to pour fuel in, which in turn is hydrolocking the engine? that would explain the gas leaking from the exhaust if you didn't unhook the fuel lines or remove the fuel pump.. is the fuel IN the exhaust or just on it??

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
My racin n' ridin youtube vids
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.