Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Fuel stabilizer

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BigShepp 
#1 ·
Its getting winter here and its time to put the bike up :(. Wanted to get your opinions on which is better, Lucas or Sta-bil. Ive heard the fuel will gel up over winter so im gonna put it in my gas for winter storage!

#2 ·
there are a few threads on this.. just pick one. Best to store the bike with a FULL TANK of fuel as well. Condensation forms in a tank not full as temps go up and down during the day, the water collects at the bottom. Fuel today with ethanol is not as friendly with water as gas years ago was. You need to run the bike a good while to get the fuel stabil through the fuel system as well.. a few minutes of idle or even blipping the throttle is not enough.

#4 · (Edited)
Bro, $3. Startron shooter. :fact I sell winterization kits and the startron little shooter bottle does 6 gallons. Don't wind up with a bottle on your shelf of shit you won't use but once a year.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

I mean, shit, the website even says it increases power. LOLOLOL

This is all they use at the marina I live near. They go through SHELVES of it man. My boat has been AWESOME every year when we start it up for the first time after it's stored for winter. And we had to rebuild all 3 carbs on it. This stuff has been working so well as an ethanol treatment too, it's been 3 years now and the boat straight up rips for a party boat with a small outboard. It gets out of a dig like no other now!! :lmao :lmao

#8 ·
This sound like good stuff! Here in the east its already 40's day time high, low 20s night :(. time to put it up until april. thanks for the help guys ill let it run for about 20 mins and ride it around the house for a while to get it in its system.

#9 ·
Marvel Mystery oil here. Used it on fourwheelers, tractors, lawnmowers, dirtbikes, weedeaters, blowers, and of course, my R6.

You can cycle it through the fuel and add it to the oil, though I'd follow the instructions both ways.

+1 on storing with a full tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.