Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Cat Delete Issues.

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  just_banxx 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. About a month ago I deleted my cat and added a y pipe. Now at idle, my bike will constantly go from about 1.5k RPMs and down to like 500 RPMs. It's pretty bad. At random times when riding, the bike has even turned off. I can easily start it back up, but it's just annoying. It's not the spark plugs or ignition coils and I know it has something to do with the cat delete. I Also have a juicebox. Do I need my ecu flashed or something adjusted? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks fellas.

#5 ·
Raising the idle by flashing the bike may help the issue. But the root cause of the issue is a lack of back pressure from your exhaust setup.

There's countless advantages to the flash, and it may help, but I cannot guarantee that. I have sent you a PM OP in reply to yours.

If the idle is bouncing and you just put your shoe or boot over the outlet on the exhaust you'll add backpressure and hear the idle smooth out. If you removed the catalytic material from the 2-1 pipes on the header as well as did the y pipe, the outcome you have is to be expected. There's very few slip ons that have enough back pressure to work on that setup.

#13 ·
TBH, unless you're going to be swapping out parts and tweaking A/F ratio settings and stuff, an ECU flash is about half the cost. I knew that I wasn't going to swapping out anything on my bike after settling on the exhaust setup I liked, so I went with the flash. Just wasn't worth the extra money to be able to change something, b/c my bike is essentially set. Now, if you're going to track it, yeah you will want the full options. For daily riding, a flash does everything else. ChiefSmokeDawg will have you fill out some info on what you're looking to do, and will tailor the flash to your needs. He knows his shit, for sure.

Post is 2 years old
Eh, he gets points for actually searching...

#15 ·
With the ECU flash I can map the ECU for the mid pipe and slip on setup. But there's also many many other things we do in the flash. Right now you're only seeing 100% throttle for about 2000 RPM's in the RPM range. The engine braking is reduced, the idle raised, the on/off throttle will no longer be like a light switch (either on or off).

Send in the form on the site and we can make it happen and I'll answer all your questions.

ECU Flashing Services

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.