Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Smog block off question

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Chipi3s 
#1 ·
Ok well I literally read every single guide by Ohioyj on exhaust and fuel delivery. But! I'm confused on the smog block off plates. I have mine installed currently but not sure if they are in correctly.

All I did was remove the stock plates and all the tubing to the airbox. I left the reeds and everything inside I never touched them, I just took the stock plates off and put my grave block offs on facing the front tire. Did I install them correctly?

#3 ·
Actually, I guess I misread the article. You do In fact leave the reeds in place because if you take them out you have no "seal" and your basically sucking in air due to the bad seal.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/2469586-post.htm

"lFinalizing the Install:
There is no "gasket" for the smog plates, there is a rubber seal around the reed valves that seals against the smog block off plates. "

#4 ·
You can pull the reeds out of the bracket they are in, but the bracket should stay for the seal. If you pull the screws and reeds out, the direction of the plates really doesn't matter. The only reason it matters on some is there is a cut-out to clear the screw in the reeds.

If I remember correctly if you are sitting where the front wheel is, looking at the motor, the Graves "G" logo should be the correct direction (not upside down).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.