Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2005 R6 - Full carbon Yoshi exhaust - anyone with experience installing similar?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SSFR6MANNY 
#1 ·
Hi

I bought a full Yoshi carbon system for my 2005 R6, and wanted to hear from anyone who had installed a similar system on their '05 model.

I only have experience with slip-ons and hadn't intended on buying a full system - it just happened to be dirt cheap and I had been drinking.

I am doing my own research before it arrives in the next few days, but figured I would stop here and ask if anyone could share their experience.

Did you fit the system yourself and then take it to a bike shop for the mapping? One man or two man job? Was the wrenching hard, or fairly straightforward? Any noticeable performance increase?

Any insights would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I currently only have a Yoshi Tio Oval Slip On (which is shortened)

There is no reason you cant fit the system yourself. Very straight forward. Just make sure you get new gaskets (and hardware if you think you'll need it, its recommended to replace them)

Do you have a power commander? If not, wait until you get one to install the exhaust. You will be able to run the bike without it and the exhaust fitted - however your air to fuel ratio will not be anywhere near ideal. Take it for custom tuning or download a custom map off power commanders website. Might not be perfect for your exact bike but it will be pretty damn close.

You might notice a 2-5 HP gain once proper tuning has occurred.

#3 ·
Hey, thanks for the info!

I will contact the website I purchased it from to see if it comes with a set of new gaskets, or whether I have to get a new set myself.

I don't have a power commander - yet - but I guess that's the next purchase. Funny how modifying bikes starts to become a money pit very quickly.

The extra HP is nice to know. My main goal now is to learn a bit more about exhaust systems from doing this.

Will post pics and update on progress once things start getting delivered.

Whilst we're on the topic, what other mods have you done to your 2005 model?

#4 ·
I have a 2004 (non inverted forks) in team blue.

Here are some pictures of the women :

(Ignore the reflectors - was putting it through inspection here)

The bike has :

• Yoshi Tri Oval shortened from GP length
  • -1/+1 sprocket conversion
  • Power comander w/ custom tuning suited to the exhaust
  • High flow air filter
  • Adjustable shorty levers
  • SS Brake lines
  • Fender eliminator
  • LED tag lights
  • Flush front mount turns
  • Integrated tail light
  • Tinted screen
  • Seat cowl

And a few other things ive missed i'm sure...

#6 ·
I installed a full hindle exhaust on my '05 and it was pretty easy, but I already had a power commander installed. You can order new gaskets from JP cycles (online) to go with ur exhaust.

There are probably used PCIIIs on this forum for sale and a how to tutorial. I've found other tutorials on this forum and they are super helpful.

#7 ·
Thanks for the tip. I posted a wanted advertisement on the parts section of the forums for a PC3.

I missed the delivery today; the exhaust is waiting for me at the post-office. Hopefully I can get it fitted this weekend. As a cost saving exercise I will download a map rather than taking it to the shop and see how I go...I can always take it to the bike shop afterwards, but I'll learn more if I download it initially myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.