Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2008 R6 No Throttle Response

9K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  mordantly 
#1 ·
I went to start up my bike the other day and it started on first try. It had been sitting for about 2 weeks. But I have no throttle response at all and the check engine light is on. It idles at 1K rpm and does nothing else. I don't think it is the cable since I can pull back the throttle, let go and it snaps back. I can put the bike in gear, on a stand and the wheel spins. I let it run for about 10 minutes to see what would happen and nothing happened. It just kept a constant 1K rpm. Any suggestion?

#2 ·
If the check engine light comes on there has to be some error code. If none is on the display then go into diagnostic mode and check. I believe it's 61 that shows the error codes, but that shows all codes that were never cleared. So you will have to clear it (flip kill switch on/off) then turn off the bike and regenerate the error your getting and go back in to check the code.

Service manual -> http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/pdf/LIT-11616-21-61.pdf

#6 · (Edited)
Well 33 is an issue with Ignition Coil #1 Open Circuit. This is likely an old error code if the bike is running on all 4. If not sounding right then check the wires are good and plug clean and connected.

59 is a throttle position sensor error (open or short circuit/loose connection). So you either have a bad connection or a bad TPS sensor. Read the manual starting around section 8-40 (Pg 380 and Pg 391 explain how to troubleshoot those error codes) it will explain it in more detail. But diagnostic codes 14 and 15 are used to test it.

Since this happened after the bike was sitting I would check the wires and make sure a mouse didn't find it's way into your wiring. Specially if 33 is showing up after you cleared the codes and turned the bike back on, just sounds like you have some chewed wires or something.

Did you check the ETV fuse?

#10 ·
i from Panama,

i have an 05 R6, recently the bike was sitting by a four months, the Bike started well but it have no throttle response with Fault Code 15, i looking for the service manual but i can open the link, can someone tellme how to open this link please: Australia and New Zealand

i use a Mac and i dont know if a need some program or something to open the link.

sorry for my english, this is not my native language, i hope you can understand and helpme guys.

regards!...

#13 ·
Yeah, I suspect yamaha flexed legal problems on them. They used to have lots of service manuals and now none work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.