Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Warping exhaust? drop temp?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BlueDevilD 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to drop the temp on my bike.
My R6 temp turn around 200-220 F in traffic or stop and go. :flaming

If i warp the whole exhaust, you guys think it will help the temp to drop?
Or is it a wrong thing to dobecause it will not cool the header in high speed?

Thank you,
Olo

#2 ·
If the reason you want to drop the temp of the bike is because you feel its running hot, I assure you its not. My 07 runs around that on a hot day and no issues have arisen. As far as WRAPPING the header (if thats what you meant to ask), id leave it Yamaha, as well as all top manufacturers of aftermarket exhaust don't offer an exhaust wrap option, so i'd firmly believe you don't need to do it.

#3 ·
it's cool then... because the funny thing is... when i pick up the bike at the dealer. He told me to NOT use the bike over 200 F and let it cool down.
I was like WTF, I keep going over 200 F without even reving it.
Since i live on a very hot and humide island, I was thinking the bike overheat or something like that...

Anyway if you say so, it's ok then :)

Thanks

#5 · (Edited)
Will it drop temp? Maybe a few degrees at best..... Bikes are built to run at ~200 degrees... If its over 220 then you have an issue.. but till then its spot on where it should be... If its a personal comfort thing... wrap your exust and swap out the anti freeze with water and water wetter combo... That will also help it run a we bit cooler... but if you are in lots of traffic on a hot day..... It will still get that hot....

On a side note: How many times do I have to keep saying this: STOP ASKING STEALERSHIPS QUESTIONS !!!!! THEY DONT KNOW !!!! Find yourself a reputable race shop or motorcycle shop in your area and work with them.... Not some sideways hat wearing, flip flop totting, bling bling sportin kid at a dealership..... (sorry to offend, not to say there arent any quality folks out there at some dealerships, but they are so rare, the odds you wont get good data)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.