My R6 eats me.

Re: Do Bends Effect Power..

IMBOBDOLE...excellent, simple answer using the laws of physics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 PM
My R6 eats me.

can we through the use of back pressure in there?
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM
My R6 eats me.

That's why Mandrel Benders were invented.

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
vroom vroom?

Bike: 2002 Blue R6

thanks to everyone for your input and for the tech speak. I actually appreciate tech speak because most of my
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(BS) is in Mechanical Engineering. It warms my heart to know that there are others who are not afraid of big words on an R6 somewhere.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by fuzzybuzzer; 07-10-2009 at 12:33 PM.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 AM
My R6 eats me.

All I can say is that you get what you pay for. Many of the better designed exhaust systems will be mandrel or pie cut (if titanium) and give the maximum radius.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 04:41 PM
BOOF!!

Bike: 07 R6

I also had to chime in on this (even tho its semi-OT), mainly because there are people who are on a quest for power and believe that gutting their catalytic converter will create increases.

Do yourself a favor and do not gut the cat. Doing this will cause a little cavity in your exhaust, which will cause the high pressure gasses to decrease pressure as they enter that hollowed out cavity and then have to increase pressure again as it leaves that cavity. This whole "action" slows down the exhaust flow and will HURT power.

If you want to get rid of the cat, get a pipe that will replace the segment of pipe that the cat is in. Doing this still MAY cause power loss, but no where near as much as just gutting the cat because in both scenarios you are still changing the TUNED exhaust's characteristics. I won't get into this much, as I am not a master of thermodynamics...

E85 ADDICT
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T

Bike: its painted invisible

This Thread Is From 2005!!!!

2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 [Stolen]
Micron high mount exhaust, Power Commander III USB, GPR v4, flush mount turn signals, Smoked integrated taillight, Frame sliders, spool sliders.

"If it all ends up for naught and the stacked deck and the cards up my sleeve end up losing to Fate's royal flush, so be it. But I'll try." -author unknown
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
BOOF!!

Bike: 07 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by collins View Post
This Thread Is From 2005!!!!
And yet you posted in it.....

And its actually from 2003...

E85 ADDICT
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 PM
My R6 eats me.

Try this test at home. Take a hose pipe and turn on the tap a set amount - say one turn. Time it a few seconds with the pipe dead straight and see how much water ends up in a measuring jug. Then gently loop the pipe, even in a complete circle and do the same again. If you are accurate you will ene dup with exactly the same amount of water each time. Exhaust gas is just the same... 2-Even when bends do not affect pipe radius, they still CAN cause a performance issue, albeit a small one in this case. But since we're talking technical terms, they do affect the performance. With a completely straight pipe, the exhaust is being shot out and, in a perfect world, is not hitting anything at all. (Read:no restrictions) The fact of the matter is that when you have a bend in the pipe, it is hitting the wall at an oblique angle. When the exhaust hits that wall, it causes a restriction, and herego a detraction from overall performance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Knee drags YOU!

Bike: '05 R6 + Vintage Yamahas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kena View Post
SPAM
I see what you did there...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, Pirelli SBK Pro Slicks, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...
Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.

A few vintage Yamaha bikes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.