Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

dyno (no Power Commander with stock 02) vs Power commander no 02

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jmejiaa 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just seeing if anyone ever got an 08 r6 dynoed and with a full exhaust with the stock 02 sensor...and then with a power commander with the full exhaust and no 02 sensor. Just seeing if it would be worth it. Also if you have done the above with just swapping the ECU with the YEC part. I am looking for a little more HP for road racing, but with reliability so most likely will not crack the motor open to mod.

Thanks

#2 ·
hi guys, juz from my experiance.if u change to a fullsystem u hv to use a pc/bazzaz to adjust the air/fuel misture bcoz without it if will become too lean.u can use the O2 sensor to adjust but only minor changes becoz our O2 sensor & the ECU is nt a wideband.u can use it for awhile but nt too long maybe 1 or 2 months.that is y if u don use a pc/bazzaz, the idle will nt be stable bcoz it cant adjust much.to make it stable and better performance u gotta hv a pc/bazzaz and go for a gd dyno/mapping done or maybe u can use the auto-tuner to tune ur bike.this is juz my advice.im no expert jz from my experiance.me too was gettin sum probs b4 gettin a pc.but after i bought a pc3/pcV and go for dyno tuning by a great tuner, everything is great till now.i hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.