Drying gear out? - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 PM

Bike: 03 R6
Re: Drying gear out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
I want to do track day in the rain. Seems like it would be fun.

Boots will shrink if you dry them with a heater... My friend dried his smx plus boots in front of a space heater, now he says they feel a good bit tighter
astar is one of the last companies to use cow leather on their boots still. well the smx+ boots do anyway.
most everyone else has moved on to lorica (synthetic leather) it's supposedly better. some high end suits are made of it now.

Last edited by blue03r6; 06-12-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

If you really want a hanger to dry it, look to a different sport, Like SCUBA gear, its called a Hangair and works great I own two of them for my gear, and 60 bucks for them, holds alot of weight, as I hang my heaviest of wet suits and even dry suits from them.

but use a good conditioner as others have said, and sorry to pull this from page 4 but thought if I can save people cash, its all good.

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-166/...uit-Dryer.html
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 07:02 AM
www.1seven1.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue03r6 View Post
^ my suit says don't hang just lay them flat. you will need to turn them over. I use lexol leather care products myself because they use the same oils the tanner does to make the leather in their conditioner. and it smells like a brand new suit again.

http://lexol.com/Product_leather_conditioner.aspx
+1 for the Lexol. The spray is really easy to use and helps get the bugs off. If you ride in the rain a lot, maybe you need a rain suit to go over your leathers. I've got one. They're fairly cheap.

A HUGE thank you to my 2014 sponsors:
www.trackstar1.com, Fast Line Race Tire, Galfer, Vortex, Sidi Boots, LP Racing, www.darksidetactical.com, XT Racing. Come race at Miller with www.utahsba.com
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 07:04 AM
www.1seven1.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta74 View Post
If you really want a hanger to dry it, look to a different sport, Like SCUBA gear, its called a Hangair and works great I own two of them for my gear, and 60 bucks for them, holds alot of weight, as I hang my heaviest of wet suits and even dry suits from them.

but use a good conditioner as others have said, and sorry to pull this from page 4 but thought if I can save people cash, its all good.

Nice find, Delta74!

A HUGE thank you to my 2014 sponsors:
www.trackstar1.com, Fast Line Race Tire, Galfer, Vortex, Sidi Boots, LP Racing, www.darksidetactical.com, XT Racing. Come race at Miller with www.utahsba.com
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta74 View Post

hell yea man. thanks
great first post lol

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

after a rain race weekend, i lay the leathers and gear on a bunch of towels on a guest bed with the ceiling fan on. here in Florida it's rain forest humid, so ya need the gear inside in the AC.
whatever ya do, don't leave em in the trailer or in a gear bag. i'm guessing the funk will be intense.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.