Custom Leather Recommendations? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
rider

Custom Leather Recommendations?

I am a slim 5ft 5in tall guy. Finding a decent fitting jacket is a challenge. I have thought about having someone create a custom vintage style leather jacket. I am clueless about where to go. Who did you go to? Was it a hassle? Was the quality to your liking? Anything else? Should I consider having leather jackets altered instead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:00 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Re: Custom Leather Recommendations?

I suspect overall length will be a challenge.
This is pretty sweet:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A custom jacket will go north of $700 pretty quick where you can get quality alterations for less than $100 if the fit off the rack is close.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:11 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

If you need Alterations check out Lizzy Leather if your on the east coast. She did work for me and did an awesome job. Was pretty straight forward, fill out the form with your measurements and what you need done, package it up and ship it off.

Did you mean to say your 6'-5"? Because 5'5" is not very tall haha. I'm 6'2 and lanky and most American small's fit me fine. The sleeves are always short but the gauntlet gloves make up for that. So like Turbo said if off the shelves are close give a motorcycle specific alterations shop a try.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
If you need Alterations check out Lizzy Leather if your on the east coast. She did work for me and did an awesome job. Was pretty straight forward, fill out the form with your measurements and what you need done, package it up and ship it off.

Did you mean to say your 6'-5"? Because 5'5" is not very tall haha. I'm 6'2 and lanky and most American small's fit me fine. The sleeves are always short but the gauntlet gloves make up for that. So like Turbo said if off the shelves are close give a motorcycle specific alterations shop a try.
I am a short dude.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Euro 48 plus small are the closest sizes that fit me. Jackets are still long.

Last edited by F3nix; 11-18-2016 at 08:48 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 05:39 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3nix View Post

I am short due.
Euro 48 plus small are the closest sizes that fit me. Jackets are still long.
Oh haha sorry my bad. I was confused because you put "tall" after your height, now things make sense haha. But Yea I think you will save some money going the alteration route.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
Oh haha sorry my bad. I was confused because you put "tall" after your height, now things make sense haha. But Yea I think you will save some money going the alteration route.
Finding clothes off the shelf that fit is tough. :'( A short man has to have a tailor as a friend.
Someone at Revzilla recommended I check out Japanese brand RS Taichi.

Last edited by F3nix; 11-18-2016 at 11:54 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 10:59 AM
~C@TcH mE iF U c@N~

Bike: 05 R6 - Cherry

lol I'm 6"1 and my problem some times is finding lengthier sleeves...should be easy for you..alterations will be your best friend just know someone who you can really trust with measurements. I got my suit tailor
when ever i need anything to be altered ***I used to work for Burberry a long time ago haha***
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones160 View Post
lol I'm 6"1 and my problem some times is finding lengthier sleeves...should be easy for you..alterations will be your best friend just know someone who you can really trust with measurements. I got my suit tailor
when ever i need anything to be altered ***I used to work for Burberry a long time ago haha***
People occasionally confuse me as a teenager. I sometimes feel like the fictional anime character Edward Elric I used to watch in Full Metal Alchemist. I would love if more companies made clothing for short people who are too big or too small to fit in off the shelf clothes. :/

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 09:37 AM
I eat my R6

Nate Butler @ Blood Nickle is the man! Out of Colorado has done a lot things for me. Check him out fb.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
rider

I ended up buying an RS Tachi RSJ705 jacket. It is still too long. A tailor out in Cali specializing in altering motorcycle gear said he could shorten it for a couple hundred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.