Hotbodies bodywork issues - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bought the hotbodies complete body set for the track and now I'm seeing a few post that say they have given riders issues such as Holes not being in the right place, fitment is off or the tires rubbing against the front fairing. Any other issues you guys have came across that I should be worried about? And if so how did most of you resolve the issue?

Last edited by Sandelx; 12-28-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:51 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Hotbodies bodywork issues

not sure if it's the norm, but my fairings came without any bolt holes. i had to drill them all. can't remember which brand they are. i'm not known for my mechanical skills and i don't remember any big problems i had fitting them, so you should be ok...

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 07:04 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

a few riders? Hotbodies is junk & every year they do the 2 for 1 sale just reinforces the superb quality.

Arent you in South FL? Why the heck would you buy Hotjunk when you have the #1 racebody fabricator (Sharkskinz) an hour drive from you??
Shit I drive 8hrs round trip to buy a couple sets a year at full price (FL discount) . Worth every damned penny they charge AND you wont have any fitament issues plus you can crash the wholly shit out of em & be able to actually repair them.
I gave a tail section to a friend on a budget that was crashed in 1/2. He took a couple hours, $30 worth of material, and it looks brand new!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Wow I did not know that at all. Big reason why I got it is cause I have the Yamaha dealership credit card and hotbodies are the only ones they can order :/
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W

If you haven't already bought it, don't. Fit is horrible, finish is horrible, prime job sucks and they have blisters that will pop eventually.
Go buy a set of Armor Bodies and be happy.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 CCS MA Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP, 2015 Crash n Burn Award, 2014 Sportsman Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year, 2012 Cornerworker of the Year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:14 AM
MIL-SPEC RACING

Sharkskinz>Armor Bodies>Optimal

I just ordered a set of Optimal and so far they are amazing. You can get a set for $500. Once mine are painted and mounted I'll post pictures on here. I'll never buy a set of HBs again. They will make you a master of bodywork and paint.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:48 AM
~C@TcH mE iF U c@N~

Bike: 05 R6 - Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
a few riders? Hotbodies is junk & every year they do the 2 for 1 sale just reinforces the superb quality.

Arent you in South FL? Why the heck would you buy Hotjunk when you have the #1 racebody fabricator (Sharkskinz) an hour drive from you??
Shit I drive 8hrs round trip to buy a couple sets a year at full price (FL discount) . Worth every damned penny they charge AND you wont have any fitament issues plus you can crash the wholly shit out of em & be able to actually repair them.
I gave a tail section to a friend on a budget that was crashed in 1/2. He took a couple hours, $30 worth of material, and it looks brand new!
You buy a couple of sets a year? lol wtf.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well then again you get to ride all year round - i can only get like 5 months if im lucky lol.

Last edited by tones160; 01-17-2017 at 06:50 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Mr. HER6

Bike: 08 R6, 15 Ninja300

Sounds like expected results for Hotbodies. I bought them for the 2005 pictured in my signature during the 2-for-1 sale that they do. Sure ~$400 was a good price for a set, but they're pretty shitty and I wouldn't buy them again. The fender interfered with the lower fairing and the tire comes extremely close to it. The tail has stress cracks just from normal use. I had to reinforce it from the back side, and that bike has never even tipped over.

You do what you can to make it work. A dremel tool is your best friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent1101 View Post
Sharkskinz>Armor Bodies>Optimal

I just ordered a set of Optimal and so far they are amazing. You can get a set for $500. Once mine are painted and mounted I'll post pictures on here. I'll never buy a set of HBs again. They will make you a master of bodywork and paint.
My bike came with a set of Optimal that already had significant repairs on all 3 major pieces it. It took 3 more crashes and still held up well. I didn't even repair it after the 3rd one.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:50 PM
AFM #723

Bike: 08R6, 16R3, 15R3, 07 150R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelx View Post
Bought the hotbodies complete body set for the track and now I'm seeing a few post that say they have given riders issues such as Holes not being in the right place, fitment is off or the tires rubbing against the front fairing. Any other issues you guys have came across that I should be worried about? And if so how did most of you resolve the issue?
pull, push, stretch if you can, dremmel at first, or finally throw a sledge hammer at it

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Box Boy @ Woodcraft

A buddy of mine bought two of them for his 08 R6 because of the deal. He got so frustrated with how crappy the fitment was that I went into his ear and whispered "Armour Bodies."

That was all it took to resolve his issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.