Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Anyone tried the Bazzaz Z-F1 TC

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  philthethrill 
#1 ·
I'm considering purchasing the Bazzaz Traction control unit and also adding the Z-AFM (Air Fuel Mapping) module. Has anyone used these products? If so , worth it? This is for an 09 R6 strictly track bike. I was considering this system instead of the Power commander V.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#5 ·
+1 to the above

zfi=fuel controller
zfi-qs=fuel controller and quickshifter
zfi-tc=fuel controller, quickshifter, and traction control.

Unless you have a race team to back you up or can afford to ride the bike on the limits to just set up the traction control then don't expect to use it as it's designed. It's really made for the pro's or very competitive racers. The quickshifter model everyone can use and it's easy to set up and works very well.

#7 · (Edited)
for a backup, but to set up properly the way it's designed takes riding on the limit and normally a backup bike or two as you will go down trying to set it up. If you want it as a backup then leave it on stock settings, but that's not what traction control is for. It's for as motogp uses it, so you can be skipping the tire all over as you're coming out of a corner and using every last inch of the pavement. To set it up to help in those situations (as it's designed) requires riding/testing in that environment and normally a few crashes. One of our sponsored guys went down twice setting it up, but now that it's set up it's 100% badass for him.

A few local guys here have it come on for htem and then state they are using it, but their settings are so sensitive there is no reason it should come on, but it gives them bragging rights.

For most save your money imo...It's a great unit for the competitive racer, but for others it's going to be a spendy fail safe and nothing more. Their quickshifter though is....the best i've seen so far!

#9 ·
i have this on a bike i just purchased , wat do you recommend i set it at? i do spin my rear tire quite a bit. i dont want it kicking on so much it makes me slow just would like it there if the rear slips in excess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.