Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Graves progressive throttle tube & Renthal grips review

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Lab-ratt 
#1 · (Edited)
Graves progressive throttle tube and Renthal grips (32mm)...

Old setup (Driven D3 grips and OEM throttle tube)...

Renthal clutch side installed...

Graves progressive throttle tube installed...Modification required, you must grind down the throttle stops for the tube to fit...

Renthal brake side installed...

Graves throttle tube and Renthal grips installed...

On to the written review...

The Graves progressive throttle tube is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship! The response is a little bit better, but for the $129 price tag, I just can't justify it! Maybe, it would be a difference on the track, but I not enough for the street! Maybe, going with the Motion Pro would be the best bang for the buck!

As for the Renthal grips, it's so hard to have a better feeling with aftermarket clip-ons because of them being hollow! But, for the $15 price tag, it doesn't hurt the wallet! I'd recommend them over stock and the Driven D3s!

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Just fitted mine after having it sitting on the bench for 12 months and am wrapped. I went with blue grips. The initial take up feels a bit strange as the Graves tube softens the initial response. From that point it comes on really strong and the bike feels quicker as a result. You can feel the change in the ramp on the throttle cam and it took a bit of getting used too but now I love it. Far better way to smooth the throttle response without resorting to a power commander. Cheaper too. Well worth the $$$. Oh yeh, Its a quarter turn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.