LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Insert nonsense here

Bike: SM510R
Send a message via AIM to rmerchant3
Re: Motul cleaning products from Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Yeah, the sovereign paste. I havent seen it but the place I get it sells that. The guy at the shop has a red Ducati 916 and a red 308 ferrari that look like they came off the showroom floor yesterday. The Ducati I have seen him ride and it has 33k miles on it. He uses the sovereign, and I trust him.

The best parts store wax I found was the the meguiars ultimate. Its great looking was for $20. I still use it on my car and truck and it looks good and stays nice looking. It goes on light and covers quick and smooth. Overall decent, but its not pinnacle.
I may have to give it a shot. I've used and still have some of the Meguiars. It's pretty good stuff but it has never overly impressed me. The best I've used is Simoniz. That stuff will put an amazing protecting finish on a paint coat. It doesn't give it the depth and shine like the Pinnacle stuff seems to though. I remember an Acura TL that just got the whole Simoniz package done to it at our shop...you could drop a clean microfiber towel on the hood and it would slide right off.

Gear for sale: Click Me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM
I eat my R6

im married to GRIOT'S care care products. Best of show wax and speed shine look like wet paint after a buffout . whatever you use, a clay bar cleaning prior to" layin it down" with a orbital buffer is the way i was taught to get the best results..
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM
I eat my R6

take a "samitch bag" and run it over the paint to see if you need to clay the paint. it should be smooth as a babby's bum. if not you know what ta do.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyfolk View Post
im married to GRIOT'S care care products. Best of show wax and speed shine look like wet paint after a buffout . whatever you use, a clay bar cleaning prior to" layin it down" with a orbital buffer is the way i was taught to get the best results..
:

I got the random orbit porter cable, and a FULL ass kit of ever product under the sun from them. Including all the Stoner brand aerosol cleaners, etc. I used to detail cars in the summers for all the high end realtors in town during my Summer's off from school. That stuff was uncomparable to anything else unless you had BIG money for Zymol.

First time I saw some of the high carnuba % zymol waxes, I poked my finger into it and it was slick for like 8 days. Blew my mind bro.

CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE

R6 ECU FLASH Click Here

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -Canyon Dancer-
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE

Wait, you are supposed to wash motorcycles?

Seriously though, I support using both Meguiars and Motul. I have used both with great results, good products. I need to invest a little more into cleaning supplies I just hate getting it all purdy after an hours work, only to be plastered with grime, dust, and bugs after a ride.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by |/3|\|0|\/| View Post
Wait, you are supposed to wash motorcycles?

Seriously though, I support using both Meguiars and Motul. I have used both with great results, good products. I need to invest a little more into cleaning supplies I just hate getting it all purdy after an hours work, only to be plastered with grime, dust, and bugs after a ride.

I just ride mine in the rain very fast. That usually does it!

That moto wash tho, is truly awesome. Wet the bike a little. Spray it on, then a wet sponge or t-shirt (trackside after crashes ) and hose it off and it's like new.

My bike went from clay coated in ever single crevice to SHINY and half destroyed in 3 minutes.

The aerosol spray they have with the clear in it, has restored shine to my faded 02 in places I had no hope for. It's pretty unique product since it's not all white and waxy like Plexus. Motul has an aerosol with wax in it like the plexus as well though too.

CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE

R6 ECU FLASH Click Here

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -Canyon Dancer-
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
:

I got the random orbit porter cable, and a FULL ass kit of ever product under the sun from them. Including all the Stoner brand aerosol cleaners, etc. I used to detail cars in the summers for all the high end realtors in town during my Summer's off from school. That stuff was uncomparable to anything else unless you had BIG money for Zymol.

First time I saw some of the high carnuba % zymol waxes, I poked my finger into it and it was slick for like 8 days. Blew my mind bro.
Swamp puss?

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
My bike went from clay coated in ever single crevice to SHINY and half destroyed in 3 minutes.
Clay + Rich black dirt we have up North = Worst shit to clean up ever. Ever.

Add hard water spots to that, and you might as well buy a new vehicle Don't even get me started about road salt in winter

But yea, this wash is the shit. Here's another good tip for cleaning I came across. I was talking about water spots a second ago..If you want to remove those really easy with little to no effort, do a pre-rinse before you go through with the actual bike wash. Add a little bit of white vinegar and an equal amount of soap to a hot bucket of water, apply to bike with rag or sponge. The vinegar with a little bit of soap/dish soap will eat spots with no scrubbing effort Then follow through with the wash and detailing..and waxing, and buffing.

You just need to read up about what is all in the soap/vinegar beforehand, just to make sure everything's okay for your finish. Most these washes do the trick on spots, but some I have used don't
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 PM
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Whoa!!! Dang that bike is clean. I feel like mine is a dirty little wh@re now.

And this below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ZZ-R6 View Post

Quintin - 2007 Street to Track & Back R6
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/165-bike-build-forum/162286-qr6s-07-budget-bike-build-street.html
http://instagram.com/gfk602

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.