Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#624 ·
I highly recommend Chief if anyone is considering a flash. He is a great guy and stands by his work, it will change you life...:beer:

"It just doesn't matter"

#625 ·
Awesome to see this thread still going. I got mine done a good wile ago. I think last year. Did my first TD+3 more this year. I can't imagine the bike without the flash. When I ride my buddy's nonflashed r6 its a night and day difference. Being new to the track everything about this flash allowed me to feel much more comfortable and focus on learning to go fast. And of course having plenty of drive on the straights is awesome.

Chief definitely is the man for the job. Not only is his product great but he treats the customer right.

I'm sure I've posted up in this thread before with my experience but its worth repeating. The more time goes by the more I appreciate this flash.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#627 ·
An R6 without Anthony's flash just isn't a true R6. Sh*t is amazing!

#634 ·
You run race gas for track days?

#633 ·
I know I don't talk on here much but I sent my ECU to ant right before winter came in, the bike is something else, not even the same, throttle response is amazing, sounds deeper, definetly quicker. Highly recommend him. Ant is a professional guy, answered all my questions in depth. I'm telling you, this flash is a must. Ride safe guys!

#635 ·
Got my ecu back and took it out for a ride today. It's a total different bike and I love it. I love the throttle and the fact that the engine breaking is a lot less drastic. Only thing that has me curious, is that the idle bounces at 2k. Is that normal, Ant (anyone else)? Regardless, thanks for the work to the ecu Ant. I am very satisfied and can not wait for next season.

#643 ·
I was with Anthony last night getting my ECU reflashed. Ant is doing well he has been bombarded as of late so he is a bit behind but, is hard at work. I'm sure he'll get to you as soon as possible. If you want PM me your name and I'll hot Ant up for you and get back to you with a status update.

#644 ·
From my experience ant has a hard time replying to everyone since he's so damn busy. Works a full time job, and runs all this bauce racing plus it seems like he can't stay healthy either.

Just know if you sent him your ecu it's being worked on even if haven't heard from him yet. Perfection takes time and that's what you're getting from bauce racing. Well worth the wait.

Oh I forgot he found a new lady friend. He's Prly to busy smashing to get anything done haha :poke

#645 ·
I was with Anthony last night getting my ECU reflashed. Ant is doing well he has been bombarded as of late so he is a bit behind but, is hard at work. I'm sure he'll get to you as soon as possible. If you want PM me your name and I'll hot Ant up for you and get back to you with a status update.
yea if you will because i sent my ecu but if you track it on fedex it says its waiting for him to pick it up because they missed him.

#646 ·
The man works a full time job and I guess wasn't home when FedEx attempted delivery. He now has to make time to go to FedEx pick it up, flash it, and then send it out to you not necessarily a quick and easy process. It's not like he's been sitting on it. I will hit him up to send him a reminder .

#652 ·
Fuel map in ECU that was a graves full system dyno map smoothed, Speedo corrected for factory error, recommended engine braking setup, 2k idle for fast rev matching.

Then there's the shit I don't like to share, so let's list that under smoothing of the fuel map and on/off throttle experience.

VERY VERY conservative ignition mapping for premium fuel to pickup some free power.

Drive by wire is linear so you won't have any issues with a short turn throttle, and the bike hits 100% WOT like it should as well. No more restriction on that end of things.

^Same boat. I was unable to reply to your questionnaire, email you sent went to my SPAM folder. By the time I saw the your email my ECU is already on its way back. RayL
I will email you both about what was all done to it. I keep EVERY person's file, records, etc. I'm meticulous as fcuk about keeping versions of every map.

Like yours ray, went through 6 revisions before it was completed. Canadian ECU, immobilizer disabled, engine braking reduced. Throttle smoothed on/off transition and mild ignition advance as well where you're tryin for the power. Fuel map is one I've reworked a ton, looks like it may have been an MJS base map at some point in time. Factpry speedo error correction as well.

Email me if you'd like to open a dialog or have specific questions, or wanna chat about what we can do to make it better. This 07 canadian model could be faster with some changes I like to put in the newer maps.

Anthony

SALES at BAUCE-RACING.com

I'm taking more in right now. I only like a couple a week MAX. One is sitting here for Pwrboost. Waiting on his reply on the info list.

Everyone elses's is shipped and on the way.

Backorders from the hospital visit and robbery are going through today and everyone except Andrew C should have shit on the way. Sorry your paperwork got burried. I'll make it up with some swag like a badass patch and maybe some ****in heady pubes too bro. :hug

#653 ·
I know Bryan J asked about his recently. Will text you in a bit. Gotta goto the shop and pull parts to ship ACarey.

BUT I AM ACCEPTING MORE ECU's NOW. Like 2 more maybe 3 TOPS until next week.

Come at me. Had a few people on the line for it, but some have decided to wait, etc. So they lost their spot on my schedule.

HOLR

And i'm still doin em $50 off this week too like I was last couple weeks.

#658 ·
:bowroll: Nah, oil for an oil change and hes getting the new woodcraft axle sliders on a :boob: deal so we can get some pics and info on the forum about em.

Glad the fuel map is what it should be. I can definitely feel the difference with all the restrictions removed. And the bike is very happy with more air (removed the air filter snorkel). The bouncing idle has smoothed itself out like you said it would.

Would having the o2 sensor still hooked up cause any issue with the map?

I'm gonna email you in the next day or two with some questions.
Unplug the 02 sensor from under the tank. You're setup to not even run off that and on the fuel map alone. Plus it's out of it's range anyway and doesn't know what to do. And it only does anything low rpm and low throttle as well.

-Anthony

#671 ·
MAD PM's replied.

Still waiting on PWRboost to get back to me. Need to hear from you. If anyone knows him tell him to check PM so I can get his ECU back out.

Everyone else COME AT ME. Homeboy is hustlin. Truck is getting a whole new frame, medical bills, lawsuits, deductibles, money out of pocket for GM parts vs aftermarket shit bodywork, etc.

I'm doin $50 off still on flashes too. Keep comin at me homies. I'll take care of ya'll. :fact :burnout

#674 ·
:laugh

Man, my shit needs to be STRAIGHT or I go berserk man. Drives me NUTS

Hell ya bro, see ya Sunday.
On a side note, its snowing hear...might be ZRTing tomorrow...:beer:

"It just doesn't matter"
:321 SO Jealous!!!! I will not be doing SHIT man. :/ resting, sleeping in, and possibly making it to the shop for a bit. My clutch kit won't be in for a while man. My steel plates were all blued from the race launches man. :comp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.