Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#682 ·
Chief is actually the nicest guy. He face timed me at 1:30 am his time to go over things for my tune, even tho he had a shit day.

He said he should have my ECU sent back in the next couple days.

Can't wait to ride it!!

#686 ·
:fact

#688 ·
Yes man for sure, it was about 2 am my time and my phone starts to ring, so i answer it like a call and all of a sudden his mug is on my screen haha. It's so weird to put faces and voices to people you feel you kinda know on the web.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#694 ·
:hug

Jim

It looks like I'm caught up on orders, ecu's, snow blowing, Xmas returns and everything. Man.

I should have emailed u tonight.

If I didn't. Hit me up at sales @ bauce-racing dot com

I build every flash per rider per bike per mod per skill level etc.

I'm now offering more expensive flashes with race launch maps, per gear engine braking, fast rev neutral setups, per gear ignition settings too.

Orrrr. Just the tried and proven flash about 165 of us are on.

Hit me up if I haven't hit you back.

I'm ready for another round of em to be sent in and hammered out.

Let's keep these r6's I the front of the pack!!

Anthony

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#696 ·
You should be..:beer:

"It just doesn't matter"

#698 ·
Hahaa, I think you can...

"It just doesn't matter"

#705 ·
Just got mine back, have a couple questions, figured you guys would be able to answer them since Anthony is pretty busy. I sent him my PC map for him to rework, did he load the map to the ECU? Do i need to run a zero map on my PC if i want to leave it installed? One other thing, i had him do the speed correction, is that why my speedo says nine when it is sitting still?

#706 ·
He most likely took your map to smooth it out so yes I would run a zero map on your PC. If you have Auto tune I would clear the trim tables as well to start fresh. As for the speedo...dumb question...do you have a speedo healer installed? If so you probably need to remove it since he already did the correction.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#708 · (Edited)
Ant is currently updating a flash that the previous owner of the bike had.

I was debating getting it reflashed but the service Ant provided has been outstanding. He called me long distance on New years to fine tune my flash. Amazing, does this guy sleep? Lol I've dealt with many vendors and Ant IS the real deal. Cares about your specific bike and doesn't load some generic crap. I'll do a full review after winter. Did I mention I only joined this site to show gratitude to a job well done?

Can't wait to ride it after the flash. I wonder how it'll compare to my old 08 cbr.

#710 ·
I'm sure Anthony will be able to answer that and get you squared away. He's just very busy right now.

#713 ·
and I'm taking in another lot of them for this two week period. So get your emails into me if you're interested. there's a couple spots left.

sales at bauce-racing dot com

If you PM me, I will be asking you to past the pm into an email to the address above. There's too much to discuss over PM to get the process completed.

#714 ·
Bauce Racing...Ftw
Its sooooo worth it to have Chief flash your ECM.

"It just dosent matter"

#716 ·
It's not pointless at all.

I prefer people to have the standalone fuel controller. This way if you want to get dyno tuned, you can. Otherwise, if you make changes to the exhaust or bike, we can adjust the PCV map and email it back and forth. In the rare event that there's a flat spot in the rpm range, we can modify the fuel map to try to clear that up quickly.

A LOT of people have a PCV, they get it and load a fuel map to it and never touch it again. Literally never. For these instances, I have that person email me their fuel map, and we can load it into the ECU after I modify it to smooth the on/off throttling experience as well as smooth any rough spots in the map. Then I import it to the ECU, have the customer load a zero map into their PCV and we see how it runs. With the zero map in the PCV, it essentially is adding nothing to the equation and you're running off the ECU fuel map.

Otherwise, if you keep the PCV, I have you send me your PCV map, I modify it, send it back, you load it, I flash the ECU and leave the oem map in it for fueling, and we can fine tune a bit if needed. Also, you can then down the line make a power move and get yourself the autotune and I'll walk you through setting the best target air fuel ratios, then I'll smooth the map out once or twice for you too after some tuning sessions. Then you'll have a tits tune and the very best setup you possibly can.

At that point, then maybe we pull the map again, put it in the ECU and you ditch all the power commander gear. If you want a quick shift, we can run that off the ECU by connecting to pin 21 and I can setup kill times on a map for kill times per gear and RPM range as well.

So, it depends on your budget and your goals. REgardless of what they are, I work on the fuel map you have, or provide one, and we get the bike rippin'. :Fact :burnout:

I can say that the majority of people just have me put a map of my own into the ECU and run no power commander. The ones who do run the power commander I prefer cause it's easier to work with their setup, etc.

Either way, the bike becomes kick ass in the end.

#719 ·
There's a reason that so many of us have such great things to say about BAUCE Racing and Anthony.
No that reason is not because he's paying us, it's because Anthony's programs, knowledge, and unbelievable customer service is hands down unmatchable.

#720 ·
#723 ·
I sent mine in and everything went well, but if I could have brought the bike I would have

#725 ·
I don't use one with my pcv. If you don't have a fuel controller idk then

#728 ·
He is a buizzy man , send him a pm or maby e-mail Anthony. He will get back to you just be patient, its worth it.

"It just dosent matter"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.