Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#990 ·
Got my ECU back from Anthony at BAUCE. Let me just say this guy is on point! I have not been able to really test it out due to some issues with my idle previous to getting the flash. But the turnaround time is lightning fast and his response times are excellent....so fast I feel as though I am in his shop talking to him. All in all has been a great experience with him and he is even trying to help me with trying to get my idle issue squared away. But from my drive around the block I can already tell how much more smoother it is on/off the throttle, im sure my neck will appreciate LOL and the thing does feel like it pulls way harder then stock. Thanks again Anthony and look forward to doing more biz with you in the future. BAUCE FTW!!! :cheers

#991 ·
I received my ECU a while back but have finally put a few track days in and the bike is noticeable better. I was at Road America over the last few days and was pulling hard on every bike I saw in the straights. the only disappointment I had was since the speedo is now accurate I only hit 152mph, previously when it was in-accurate I hit 168mph haha

#998 ·
:cheers

You wont be sorry. I'm picking up a '15 tomorrow and swapping my '14 flashed ECU before I even leave the lot

#****stock
:flex:

Ok. I finally got my ECU because I was trying to save some money on shipping and customs.
First thing I have to say is that Anthony gets two thumbs up for customer service. Very helpful. I sent two ECU's to flash and I must say his work is very impressive. My bike is an 08 with a mid pipe and slip on and the flash brought back the low end power and the bike is very responsive. I also added the quick shifter and that works great. I think my bike has a fuel delivery problem as my tank has started rusting and I have had to clean it a couple times so when I close and open throttle I get a delay. Once the rpm is up bike runs strong and the increased top end is noticeable.
The next bike is my friends 2012 R6 which has a full akra, PC V, Ignition Module, QEM, Stretched, vortex -1/+2. I must say Anthony's work turned that bike into a monster. Bike rips tires and acceleration is much better than before. I'm really surprised how the flash changed the performance of that bike. Anthony also was very helpful and gave me a map for the PCV for that bike. The on and off throttle response is great. The bike doesn't even hesitate.
Great work Anthony. A couple R6 owners on Island have already called me asking about the flash because the heard about the bikes performance from our mechanic. I'll give you a call for your views on what you think could be causing my problem.
Thanks Again.
Thanks Kurt! I'm psyched to have been able to work with you guys!

Thanks so much to everyone on the forum for their awesome support. I've been flashing a LOT of ECU's and selling a TON of quick shifter setups for them as well. Hit me up for info and pricing etc. I've been pre-cutting shift rods for the sensors for a lot of you guys as well as including premade leads to plug into the ECU harness for the QS.

I have put a new form on the website to make it easier to get the process going for the ECU flash.

ECU Flash

#997 ·
Ok. I finally got my ECU because I was trying to save some money on shipping and customs.
First thing I have to say is that Anthony gets two thumbs up for customer service. Very helpful. I sent two ECU's to flash and I must say his work is very impressive. My bike is an 08 with a mid pipe and slip on and the flash brought back the low end power and the bike is very responsive. I also added the quick shifter and that works great. I think my bike has a fuel delivery problem as my tank has started rusting and I have had to clean it a couple times so when I close and open throttle I get a delay. Once the rpm is up bike runs strong and the increased top end is noticeable.
The next bike is my friends 2012 R6 which has a full akra, PC V, Ignition Module, QEM, Stretched, vortex -1/+2. I must say Anthony's work turned that bike into a monster. Bike rips tires and acceleration is much better than before. I'm really surprised how the flash changed the performance of that bike. Anthony also was very helpful and gave me a map for the PCV for that bike. The on and off throttle response is great. The bike doesn't even hesitate.
Great work Anthony. A couple R6 owners on Island have already called me asking about the flash because the heard about the bikes performance from our mechanic. I'll give you a call for your views on what you think could be causing my problem.
Thanks Again.

#1,003 ·
"Ant", I'm going to ask you, because you tune bikes. Specifically the Yamahas.

I'm guessing all the aftermarket slip ons are the same perforated pipes/packing/cannisters that the stock muffler is constructed of. How is it then, that the manufacturers can indicate HP gains? It's all just looks right?

My Bauce tune, with my stock exhaust and canister is plenty potent. And I have no complaints. Give me some clarification as to the perforated pipes being all the same or the difference.

#1,004 ·
I was mainly looking for a way to correct the speedometer from the bikes previous owner going -1 in the front. I found Ant and the ECU flashing through my research on how to solve that. After a few emails I decided this was definitely the way to go and sent my ECU off. I got my ECU back yesterday and hooked everything up and sent the new fuel map to the PC3 last night. Just from the difference in the way the engine revved, I could tell I was in for a treat. I've only ridden the bike to work so far (30 miles/40 minutes) but the ride is so much better now. The reduced engine braking and buttery smooth throttle make everything about the ride so much more enjoyable. Having a correct speedometer is a huge plus as well. Thanks, Ant!

#1,005 ·
Big thanks to @ChiefSmokeDawg. Sent my ECU to Anthony and I was taken care of. Went for a ride yesterday and it was smooth. No more instability from the engine braking when going into corners. Definitely helped my riding a lot. He stayed with me every step of the way and answered all my stupid noob questions. Also, thank you to @irideyzfr6 for turning me onto Bauce Racing. Definitely worth the money!

#1,008 ·
love reading these...

Already paid and I'm going to be sending mine out August 10th (i'm out of town so figured why not do it when i cant ride anyway)

Even more excited to have this done :)

Thanks in advance, Anthony!

#1,014 ·
Got it flashed yesterday! awesome difference.

Had to get used to the 2K rpm idle but a couple stop lights fixed that. Bike sounds and pulls like a beast now.

only downside I would say is the increased clunk into first gear from N at light now. I think it has to do with the increased idle but Ant says its normal and safe for the bike!

#1,016 ·
I have nothing but good things to say about Chief's flash. 3 seasons with no issue's at all...

Reactions: modrid81
#1,017 ·
Just wanted to get a quick little review on Chief and the flash. Backing up a bit, I have an 08 R6 with most of the normal bolt ons. I pieced together a race type exhaust (MJS headers, midpipe) and a (laser gp extreme slip on...little uncommon but looks sick) I have a BMC race filter, smog block offs, PCV and autotune. A couple years of thinking I knew how to tune lead to some close to unridable situations. Basically I let the autotune destroy my fuel maps. lower end was full of hiccups and it would barely idle and it was starting to stall when I would come to a stop. I do all of my riding on the street and want to get to the track next year.

Anthony not only suggested the flash but helped me with my tune and how to utilize the autotuner to its max. Not only did he repsond via the forum but he gave me a call and we talked about the riding I do and what could be improved.

He lived up to every word and I couldn't be happier with my result. Bike is literally faster than it has ever been. Most of the things in this article above that he mentions changing I really enjoy. You will get used to the idle which sounds badass anyways. We are still utilizing the autotuner and smoothing it out just a hair more but the base set up was light years better than what was happening. Not sure how much better it can get but he insists and I am not disagreeing. And now moving forward I am comfortable and understand the autotuner a little better. Definitely worth the money and should have looked into this years ago.

Guys knows what hes doing. Loves Bikes and racing and going fast just as much as anyone I've ever talked to.

Thanks again Anthony and Bauce Racing... I need some more stickers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.