Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#2 ·
Bitchin! Can't wait to get mine back and REALLY test this thing out on the track! :fact

Also, Anthony is the fcukin man without a doubt! He treats every customer as if they're his only customer! :fact

If you're even a little interested in having this done, contact Anthony aka Chiefsmokedawg of BAUCE Racing and he can walk you through everything!

:cheers

#9 · (Edited)
Sent mine out today :flex: to bad my MJS headers are being held by UPS aka they lost it or ****ed up the box royally. :nono

#11 ·
Come on Ram, it takes 2 seconds to remove The ECU! :laugh

#13 ·
Anyone with an on-track experience/review yet? I'm going to get this done this winter..... just waiting for a reply back from the PM *nudge nudge*

#25 ·
Mine was done before Ant started up, but it pull like a Freight train on the exit's and straights dipping into the corner and holding maintenance throttle is soooo nice, no more Twitchy R6 throttle!

#20 ·
I hate shipping with UPS. Had bad experiences with them..

What's the base price for him to flash ma ecu?

#27 ·
What's the deal with engine braking? I'm happy where its at possibly even a lil more. I don't see how having lower or none would help. Enlighten me

#28 ·
I was on the same boat as you regarding the reduced engine braking. Kinda scared me to think that there would be a reduction is engine braking but after "feeling" how much smoother downshifts are (yes, I rev match either way) and being able to drop gears before going Into a corner and not feeling that "drag" is so nice. That along with the super smooth throttle makes it a dream to decrease/increase throttle in mid corner.

I'm sure other people will chime in on this but I speak from my experience. I guess it's like everything else, some people love it and some hate it.

#29 ·
Sent mine in last week. The only thing that concerned me, was the 2k idle RPM because my 09 R1 with a re-flash idles at 1800 RPM. With the R1, sometimes it doesn't pop into first from neutral smoothly with the higher RPM; sometimes takes a second try to get it in gear, but that's only bothersome when taking off at a red light. Hope mine comes in soon, wanna give it a sample before I hit the track with it next week.

Has anybody heard from Ant? I sent him a PM about my ECU, but haven't heard back. He's usually quick with replies.

#30 ·
Yeah, I've been waiting for a reply from Anthony..... looks like he's busy.

#31 ·
He's over In new yer-z so I k ow he was affected by sandy. Give him some time and patience... Guy communicates very well so I'm sure him not having power and shot is causing his delayed responses.

#35 ·
Oh crap, totally forgot about the storm. Hope Anthony and those ECU's keep dry

#45 ·
The only down side I see to this regarding street riding is the raised idle at 2k. I'm sure you can ask chief to keep the idle at Stock. So far, that's the only down side I've come across.... Really not even a downside, just preference bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#48 ·
I can't speak for what chief can do but unless you build a map with a Bazzaz or pc you'll be running a map that wasn't tailored for your bike per se. No two bikes are the same bro.

I'm an idiot and sold my Bazzaz....ill be picking up a zfi w/ Afam here real soon again.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.