Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#356 ·
And I would like to make a serious comment and let everyone know I do NOT have any affiliation with some of the people on here who have tried to pull a fast move on some of you and bill you for MY work building it into a sale for them and their ECU inventory or whatever. It's a parts vendor with no vendor tag and I've reported this. Please be ware and consult me before any bullshit like this arises again. I'm furious someone is trying to benefit from my benevolence and love for this forum and all of it's members and people I consider family from here.

Sergio is the only person I've got anything worked out with for parts for people. SergioAndres is a VERY legit person and is to be trusted on shipping from him to me. NOBODY ELSE

And the person who is trying to pull this shit, I have your number and you WILL hear from me on this. :fact :flame:

#372 ·
And I would like to make a serious comment and let everyone know I do NOT have any affiliation with some of the people on here who have tried to pull a fast move on some of you and bill you for MY work building it into a sale for them and their ECU inventory or whatever. It's a parts vendor with no vendor tag and I've reported this.
Seriously? That's messed up.

#358 ·
:cheers bro
Idk who is taking advantage of your kindness and work but if they live down this way I got ma good lynching rope and the posse ready.

Sounds horrible man. I pray she gets over it. If its that bad I'd be at the hospital already. you guys take it easy and get back to 100%.

#359 ·
Tell me about it bro. I don't like seeing anyone on here being taken advantage of, nevermind trying to fcuk me in the process too!!!!

Thanks for the best wishes bro. She's gotta follow all the right steps to get care and have it covered cause she doesn't have a PPO or whatever. PIA dude, but man, it sucks having a broken sandwich machine!! J/K, it really sucks having my shipping expert down like this not to mention everything else. All I can do is buy gatorade, pedialite, chicken soup and attempt to not get her pissed which isn't easy with all my shenanigans. :lmao

#362 ·
Newly flashed ECU and fuel map from Bauce installed.

Went for a 35 mile ride. All i can say is WOW!!!!! This makes the bike!! Temp was at 35 or so, I was on a fresh set of 2ct tires (which had too mug pressure in them) so i wasn't able to push too hard. But from what I was able to do. The power was phenomenal.

Thanks again Anthony. Hope you and the little lady get to feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#363 ·
Talked to ant last night. This flash is to legit! I can't wait

#364 ·
It's going to blow your mind. Just wait. Best advice I can give is be ready and HOLD ON! Ant is the man!

Just to put things into perspective, I pulled extremely hard on a Ducati 999 last weekend and even harder on an 03 GSXR 1000

Sent while riding my R6. o_O

#365 ·
+1 to holding on!

Got my first ride on the 08 since Anthony tuned it last night, just put my forks back on and had to do it.
No lights so just quick one around the block, and damn, the throttle response is amazing.

maybe because i havent ridden in a while, but i dont remember the bike getting up on one under throttle so easily in 2nd gear, i damn near flipped it.

:bow:bow
Whatever you did, you did it right Ant, i cant wait to get this beast on the track!

#366 ·
Itll be a sec before I can ride it. Right now my bike is down to the frame.

#367 ·
Mine went under brain surgery today as well!! Its going to have the best recovery!! I can't to get it back!! Auto part Vehicle Car Compact car Engine

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#368 ·
#370 ·
Another 140 miles my new Bauce Flash. Truly got a feel for it today. Nothing I can say bad about it. Was impressed across the board. Anthony knows his stuff, completely satisfied with the product he puts out. Thanks again!!!!!

Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#371 ·
cant wait for mine to be done :YEA

#374 ·
Ermagaud mines is on the ways back. Like Christmas all over

:cheers ant

#376 · (Edited)
I got the bike up on the work table last night and dug into it. Got the ECU plugged in and ditched & disconnected the rest of the unneeded stuff.

Fired it up and it zoomed right to 2000 RPMs. Warmed it up and revved it about a few times ... Very happy with the changes. This is only me running the bike in the garage. There's a foot of snow outside and I'm not going to be able to ride this thing for months.

My biggest complaint was the stock idle and low rpm operation. Trying to hold the throttle at 2 or 3K rpm, for warmup, was impossible. It jumped around all day never staying steady. Now it warms up at 2000 and I can twist the throttle and it goes right to 3K, and then up to 4K, 5K, 6K ... up and down through the revs.

It works now, like its supposed to. Way smoother.

The reprogram along with the opened intake and always open EXUP valve have the bike running low rpms a lot different than before. NICE!

"WOW" :jump ... very nice work :bowroll Anthony !!!

Next update will most likely be in March or April. Grrr

AAA vendor and a great guy!!!

#377 ·
Thanks so so much to all the positive feedback everyone!

I've still been ill and my GF is getting a bit better so these are starting to roll out the door again. I apologize to all those who have been waiting and give many many thanks to everyone who has been more than patient with me as me and her get through all this on my end.

Everyone who has one with me, please text me today. Use the # on the invoice as it'll get the text to me as well. I need to sort out a schedule to contact everyone to review all the settings and let you know what to expect, etc.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience. I know I have a TON of PM's too. I'll make my rounds today into tonight on them and try and follow through on other inquiries.

To answer a few PM's, I'm not taking more in for a while. SO, If I've pledged to take yours in, of course it's no problem. If you've got an invoice, even better then. If it's in the row to be done, of course. If you've gone through me and down the line you need a reflash I will always be here and available. Till further notice, you can ask, and ask and I'm sure eventually I'll cave and have the time again, but for a while, I have to really limit this as I need to change focus to my health and my GF more than anything.

:hug

#378 ·
Everyone who has one with me, please text me today. Use the # on the invoice as it'll get the text to me as well. I need to sort out a schedule to contact everyone to review all the settings and let you know what to expect, etc.
I won't text you, prob cost to much to text from here.....lol. I emailed you the other day, you can just reply with questions, Thanks again and hope you guys feel better soon.

#380 ·
#381 ·
Oh I will but i will have to wait till the ground is unfrozen. In the mean time I have some other goodies for her

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#382 ·
I just Crunk mine up for the first time with the flash. The idle is real nice and it revs real smooth. Can't wait to get the rest of the bike together so I can ride

#385 ·
Nope, but doesn't hurt To have if you'll need To tune for race fuel or other changes on The fly... Flashing The ECU can actually replace Bazzaz and PC units. The maps are basically loaded into The ECU itself. So it's fine tuned by Ant for your bike specifically...

:cheers

#390 ·
Idk if he's doing anymore right now. A lot of other shit on his plate at the moment. You can always ask tho.

#394 ·
I'm not sure about an '05, but he's not taking any new ones in right now. He's getting some stuff together.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#404 ·
switching from a 2nd gen 03 with junk forks to a r6v 06+ will be a giant difference in overall ergos and handling and performance. if your lookin to do track days and really get into it it'd be silly to do so with the 03 unless you ditch that front end at least. flashtune shouldnt have anything to do with a decision to update to a better for that purpose.

#405 ·
Agreed, but I'm looking at it from the point of that I want something that I can grow with little by little. I don't see dumping money into a bike that I can't customize to my liking. I want to be able to flash multiple times to gradually unlock the full potential. Especially with how expensive everything is!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.