Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#410 ·
Quick review update on the ECU flash. It’s been about five months since I dropped in my re-flashed ECU from BAUCE Racing and I have ZERO issues to report. Now, you could say I’m sleeping with Ant and he’s paying me to say random facts about his flash service, BUT, you would be wrong and my wife would more than likely kick your ass for saying that I’ve been in bed with a Jerzy man.

Enough of the low budget jokes.

I commute on my bike and do weekend rides (yes, in dead of winter, in California) and there’s been a couple of people that I’ve loaned my bike to, to let them experience the difference between a stock ECU and a flashed ECU from BAUCE Racing. Both of these parties have an R6 with stock ECU’s. They, as many people are, were skeptical about any major differences. The first thing they mentioned after riding my bike was a smoother more responsive throttle….They rode my bike on the street so they really couldn’t open up Pep-C as much but enough that they noticed and FELT the differences between a stock ECU and a flashed ECU from BAUCE Racing.

From my side…..The bike has run and performed 110%. Steady idle, no popping during hard deceleration and no funny burnt smells from my ECU, lol. I have ZERO complaints about this upgrade….And I’m picky about crap…and I haven’t been able to find a flaw with this upgrade. Aside from suspension being the most significant upgrades you can do….this, in my book, falls right next to that. It’s not just a go fast upgrade….it helps with throttle control and smoother operation of your beast. If I buy another new R6 down the road…a re-flashed ECU from BAUCE Racing and suspension upgrades will be on the top of my list.
:cheers

Cliff Notes:
-Robert does not sleep with Ant
-Rob’s wife will kill anyone that thinks Rob is sleeping with Ant
-Rob is happy with his ECU
-Rob talks about people’s impression about Rob’s flashed ECU
-Rob writes another paragraph
-Rob re-affirms he’s happy with his ECU
-Rob types :cheers

End of the post

#411 ·
Just got mine back.... no riding for 2 more months, but can't wait to try it!

Steady idle, no popping during hard deceleration and no funny burnt smells from my ECU
Ummm...... never experienced popping with my stock ECU..... or any weird burning smells either. Don't know what was up with your stock setup.

#418 ·
I finally got my R6 with Bauce flashed ECU out on the track...Holy crap! I had not ridden the bike before the flash, so I can't make comparisons, but this bike is a beast. After the flash I had it dyno tuned and it is showing around 113hp at the wheel now. On the track I was able to easily just zip right past any of the other 600s and kept up pretty well with a R1, although that has a lot to do with the riders of those bikes also.

All in all, VERY happy with this flash! Thanks Tony!

#430 ·
:fact

#436 ·
Hey Scott!!! :wave:

Things are doin bit better man. Thanks so much for all the support along the way bro!! Hopefully I can keep on track and be able to ride again soon!! :cheers

Good to hear you are back in business. Hope you are feeling great and ready for the season

Thanks Sergio!! I am far from being ready to ride, but am making good progress! Only one customer bike left in the shop ahead of mine!

Hit me up this weekend man! I'll be at the shop most the weekend and should even be able to get this swingarm swapped so I can give u back your tool! I could surely use a hand too!

:cheers :hug

#435 ·
#437 ·
Welcome back brother! Glad to have you back! It was the call from me last night, wasn't it? :laugh

Hit me up sometime man. I left you a message...

:cheers

#446 ·
Hit me up tonight bro! This weekend was ridiculously hectic man. Accounting day and night, filing extensions, flashing ECU's, replaced my swingarm with Sergio and Jay5413's help too. Got a couple bikes out of the shop finally also. Shit's been like :nocontrol:

Thanks Sergio!! I am far from being ready to ride, but am making good progress! Only one customer bike left in the shop ahead of mine!

Hit me up this weekend man! I'll be at the shop most the weekend and should even be able to get this swingarm swapped so I can give u back your tool! I could surely use a hand too!

:cheers :hug

Sure i can spend a few hours in your shop this weekend. Send me a text when you have a chance
Thanks so much for all the help Sergio! Especially for letting me borrow the tools!

Bwaha.... The chief has returned to the tribe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
:laugh I'll be around a bit more often for sure man! :YEA

Thats what im talking about Ant :cheers
:cheers :drink

Definitely! Will be at NJMP next weekend(20-21 April) then two weeks later for first races of the season :cheers
:YEA :burnout That's awesome!! I wish I could make it to the track or at least be allowed to do some riding soon!! SO JELLY!

Forgot to email you back the other week when I got my ECU back, But my 08 is running like a Bauce now. Even better then my 07 was. :D

Glad to hear your doing better.
:YEA The 08+'s definitely get a bit more out of the flash, and my latest work is a bit more refined these days too! :D :cheers Thanks for the feedback bro!

figured i'd add my two cents.

got mine flashed over the winter. and things kinda happened in my life and around the trackday org here locally that has kept me from making it out on the track yet this season. so the first time i'll have on the bike with the flash will be at COTA in june, with ridesmart. i better be pulling on 7fiddy's on that front straight. :fact :laugh
:burnout: You should insure it and just hit the street for a few blasts around. That's how we roll. LMFAO

:YEAhey forum brothas and sistas just got my 07 r6 flashed by ANT and all i can say is wow it is a nite an day difference. The bike pulls strong thru the gears but very smoothly. The is not a lot of popping but with that said if i get the block offs there may not be any. Ant was a great vendor did the ecu flash and completely check ova my bike without me asking, i mean he checked my bike ova for me from tp to bottom, and front to rear. He also gave me some insight on some more mods , and track day events. I am lucky to live not to far from BOUCE RACINGS shop but u guys definately will have my business. Ant thanks again man ....

jay :YEA:YEA
Thanks for the review Jay!! It was very nice meeting you. I bet the bike is handling like a champ now as well as ripping. When I saw the forks lowered 20mm+ I was all like :eek5

I was holding onto a R1 pretty well at VIR, took him in the back "straight" under the bridge.
:burnout :YEA

I wish I could make it down there so I could be present to point the finger towards after people start asking questions! LMAO When we tuned my bike for 98-100 octane we were side by side with a close competitor who had literally JUST put in a fresh SS motor at AMA. It was pure bliss when my stock motor bike was side by side with a heavier rider too! :YEA

You'll be killin em out there!

#438 ·

:cheers :hug[/QUOTE]

Sure i can spend a few hours in your shop this weekend. Send me a text when you have a chance

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#442 ·
Forgot to email you back the other week when I got my ECU back, But my 08 is running like a Bauce now. Even better then my 07 was. :D

Glad to hear your doing better.

#443 ·
figured i'd add my two cents.

got mine flashed over the winter. and things kinda happened in my life and around the trackday org here locally that has kept me from making it out on the track yet this season. so the first time i'll have on the bike with the flash will be at COTA in june, with ridesmart. i better be pulling on 7fiddy's on that front straight. :fact :laugh

#444 ·
:YEAhey forum brothas and sistas just got my 07 r6 flashed by ANT and all i can say is wow it is a nite an day difference. The bike pulls strong thru the gears but very smoothly. The is not a lot of popping but with that said if i get the block offs there may not be any. Ant was a great vendor did the ecu flash and completely check ova my bike without me asking, i mean he checked my bike ova for me from tp to bottom, and front to rear. He also gave me some insight on some more mods , and track day events. I am lucky to live not to far from BOUCE RACINGS shop but u guys definately will have my business. Ant thanks again man ....

jay :YEA:YEA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.