Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#564 ·
FYI - Finally got to testing my Annitori QS, works great with the flashed ECU. No issues at all. Ant's Smooth throttle plus awesome product = bang bang bang bang shifts.

#568 ·
:YEA

AWESOME feedback!! I'm glad to hear you you're enjoying it. The annitori or HM is unbeatable. It's by far the smoothest one I've ridden. I've been riding a CBR1000 around like everyday for the past couple weeks, and I miss my HM so much. :laugh But the 130+ MPH power wheelies have made up for it a bit. :lmao

:cheers

Is there a better way to contact ant, or just pm him on here??

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Best way to ever reach me is email. I wish I could be on here more, but it's tough lately with so much going on. sales at bauce-racing.com

2012's are hit or miss regarding the flash. What color is the sticker on it? A lot of 2012's had 2011 ECU's in them tho. Part number? I've had a lot of 2012&2013 owners pickup a spare 08-11 ECU and just have em sent right to me.

Turn around time varies. I try to keep it to 3 days in my possession. Sometimes it takes me longer or shorter. I ship priority, which is 1-3 days depending on how far it is away. Most East coast shipments are 2 days tho.

Just pm him, he'll get back to ya. As far as turn around time I'm not sure, I went to his shop and had my ECU flashed right their..:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#567 ·
Just pm him, he'll get back to ya. As far as turn around time I'm not sure, I went to his shop and had my ECU flashed right their..:D

#573 ·
Not my first impression, but yesterday I left the track with a huge smile. The bauce flash is Amazing, throttle inputs are so smooth and only more power as you twist it. I was on a set of Pirelli Dragons (a year old), tires were sliding everywhere on exit, but was so controllable with the Bauce flash!

did I mention awesome wheelies too?

#577 ·
Not my first impression, but yesterday I left the track with a huge smile. The bauce flash is Amazing, throttle inputs are so smooth and only more power as you twist it. I was on a set of Pirelli Dragons (a year old), tires were sliding everywhere on exit, but was so controllable with the Bauce flash!

did I mention awesome wheelies too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypvBoHxyQZs
:flex:

Kill em this weekend Billy!!

#576 ·
Nice..BAUCE Racing....
I have had the pleasure of riding with Ant a few times..It's alwase a pleasure.

#581 ·
Hopefully it made it to me and you've got a reply! :cheers

Finally got my ecu back and have the biggiest smile on my face!

First of I'd like to say Anthony's customer service was above and beyond, lets just say the first time he sent my ecu to me my bike didn't start due to the immobilzer just buzzing and not letting me start it. Everything was send back and reflash with some newer software thinking the old one might of had a bug in it, started on the first try and was excited.

I was soo excited I went on a 3hour long ride and forgot to pick up the wifey at work=S She wasn't to happy about the 30min wait, but I didn't care because I was rideless for a couple weeks!

The tune was the best thing I have done to the bike so far! Everything is just so smooth, and got the front end up a few times which I've never done before=D thanks again Ants!!
:YEA

I'm so glad everything worked out well! Enjoy it man!!!! :burnout:

#580 ·
Finally got my ecu back and have the biggiest smile on my face!

First of I'd like to say Anthony's customer service was above and beyond, lets just say the first time he sent my ecu to me my bike didn't start due to the immobilzer just buzzing and not letting me start it. Everything was send back and reflash with some newer software thinking the old one might of had a bug in it, started on the first try and was excited.

I was soo excited I went on a 3hour long ride and forgot to pick up the wifey at work=S She wasn't to happy about the 30min wait, but I didn't care because I was rideless for a couple weeks!

The tune was the best thing I have done to the bike so far! Everything is just so smooth, and got the front end up a few times which I've never done before=D thanks again Ants!!

#590 ·
I had two 2012 R1's I flashed and tuned taken to the dyno over the weekend, and both bikes made 156 to the rear wheel!!! Both fellas had previously pulled 145. The only change on the one bike was the two bros cat removal pipe, and the flash (as well as remapping the PC5).. ELEVEN HP gain!! Needless to say, I figured I'd share with you fellas and I'll work on getting the two different graphs off him to post.

Who woulda thought a full Akrapovic equipped R1 would only make .5 HP more than one with two brothers slipons and a cat delete pipe!?!! :eek5

So as a reminder to everyone, I've been doing R1's also, and the 2012 and 2013's have been turning out AMAZING. That bike is SO much more rideable without the bullshit ass short turn drive by wire mapping they put in A mode!!! I was backing the thing right into the lot coming off redline in 1st (OEM tire on a liter bike :eek5) it was so comfortable riding it. And now the tire will stay down pretty damn good when going 100% throttle from 3k-redline (90+ MPH in 1st!). :YEA

#594 ·
Awesome numbers man. That's killer.

#602 ·
Thanks Greg!

Shoot me an email to give me an update. I think last time I sent down an extra ECU in case the one you had flashed previously by someone else had a problem. If both work well and you do have a spare lemme know!

Also, how many races have you won/posiumed since jumping on my ECU's? I know I lost track a while ago. :laugh

Love the throttle too...... I'll likely add a quick turn throttle over the winter. Need to change those throttle cables anyway; still the factory ones out of the box and now need extra fiddling to get it how I like it. Some things are better to change before they break or wear down excessively.

Thanks for the review today Azim!

-Ant

#601 ·
Love the throttle too...... I'll likely add a quick turn throttle over the winter. Need to change those throttle cables anyway; still the factory ones out of the box and now need extra fiddling to get it how I like it. Some things are better to change before they break or wear down excessively.

#603 ·
Yay first off Ant your the man I'm sorry it took so long to post but my other account is having issues so I made this one. Ant flashed my ecu about 3 weeks ago and let me tell you it's the best mod I've done to my bike the reduced engine braking is AMAZING!Throttle response is so smooth it completely feels like a new bike wheelies are way too easy now :toocool:.Guys/Gals if you haven't had Bauce Flash your ecu DO IT well worth it! Ant don't forget about my 520 chain upgrade hit me up once you know you got the parts!

#605 ·

Attachments

#607 · (Edited)
Hey, I have an ECU that arrived early this week and has no name on it, no name on the box. Sent via fedex. Someone please email me to let me know if you sent me one from something called FASC shipping department in San Diego.

I will express this thing back, but I really have no way to tie this to any kind of email, or pm.

Thanks!!

#608 ·
Does anyone know why you cannot flash the ECU on a 2k8 R6S? Is there any way around this so I too can experience this seemingly great upgrade as well. Any help or ideas how to get around this problem short of buying another bike would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.