Hotbodies slashcut megaphone - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Giggity

Bike: 07 r6 raven
Hotbodies slashcut megaphone

I recently purchased an r6. I wanted an exhaust for now that would help me learn my bike by being able to hear it. The hotbodies megaphone was" loud "and didn't hurt my wallet much. I purchased it from motorcycle-superstore. My experience with them have been great. They have fast free shipping and an awesome Rep.
Now to the exhaust.
Looks : its small.and clean. Looks way btr than stock. It doesn't pop out and say look how ugly I am like the stock. I chose the chrome finish. It wasn't top dollar but for 90$ and at the door in two days can't complain.
Weight : of course being that its merely a straight pipe it weighed in around 2 pounds. Tons of difference over the stock.
Fit : hotbodies makes there exhaust just barely fit. Half of install as twisting it to fit. But it sure is sealed.
Price : for 90$ its super cheap and affordable.
Sound : this exhaust is a slip on so its not crazy loud. At idle its deep and raspy. Sitting there wasn't a huge difference. It was louder and more crisp. When I took it out I was shocked at how good it sounded when i slipped it in her. I wasn't expecting much from hotbodies or the exhaust. But it performed great.
Bottomline : if you need an exhaust for cheap this is a great one. Being a new rider I didn't want to spend my wallet on an expensive system. On a bike I haven't mastered. If I go rubber up at least this pipe hopefully wont be destroyed. It gives more sound and confidence. I will hopefully save enough over winter to get a system and sell this one to another new Guy. For 90$ this is as good as buying a used stock can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Giggity

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352854288558.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	86547  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Giggity

After

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352854347072.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	86549  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.