Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Pirelli Diablo's Opinions...

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  TJ505 
#1 ·
So heres the deal....
I could pick up a set of brand new pirelly diablo tires from a buddy of mine for $175. The thing i want to know is how good of tire are they and how many miles i should expect out of them. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :) i see on motorcycle superstore they got great ratings but i thought i would try on here before i buy them for sure. Thanks guys!!

Bryant

#2 ·
I personally have the diablo Rosso tires F&R, and while I can't speak to the longevity of them yet (only a few hundred miles old) I can say that I am very happy with their performance. The amount of grip over factory tires is substantial, and on angle,mtheese tire grip like Velcro.

My only word of caution would be that they do require some warmup time compared to stock. When cold, the rear has locked up on me a few times during branding while approaching a red light. This was my fault though, not the tires. Once they warmup though, they are awesome.

#4 ·
I'm currently run this in the rear. Great grip for wheelies in the lot. Very difficult to drift in.

#6 ·
Mileage on a tire is subjective.....I have a set of Pirelli Dragon's on a track bike that I use to CR with, love the tire, I am about 6 seconds off of my race pace on them and had no worries, now which diablo is it? The street tire? Race tire? SP?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Tommy, you think you had to slow up on the dragons? They are so affordable right now it's unreal man. Sc1 front and Sc2 rear and I'm a happy camper on a traditional feeling and shaped race tire. It may be old technology, but they seem to last quite a bit. I run em on the Honda CBR1000RR on the street and they are awesome. I doubt they'd be good in this weather tho. :/

#11 ·
Hey Tommy, how much better are the Rosso Corsa's compared to the DC3's? I had DC3's on my bike when I first got it and I liked them, but then when I got a flat, I switched over to Pilot Road 2's because I was just riding street and wanted the longevity.

My bike is basically track only now and thinking about purchasing more sport oriented tires next Spring to replace the sport touring tires. I'm thinking either S20's, Power Pures, or Rosso Corsas.

#13 ·
I did the research back in June when looking for a set. S20s were the cheapest ($220 shipped for the set) so I scooped a set of those. Ive been very satisfied.

Sent while riding my R6. o_O

#15 ·
Go with the Supercorsa SP's! :fact

And then enjoy a fluid transition over to the race compound SC's!

#16 ·
I haven't even done a trackday yet in my life(Spring time is so far away......sigh) so those would be super duper over kill! :laugh. I'm just going to use the Pilot Road 2's for the first couple of times out on the track since I'll be slow as balls and then get one of those tires I mentioned above later on.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.