Michelin street tires!!!!! - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 AM
...for me to poop on
 
inv3nt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 151
Bike: 08 R6
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!

I really don't know the first thing about tires since I'm JUST starting to look into getting some 2CTs off somebody here (upgrading from stockers
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) for my first TD... but in any case STG just released their first look at the Power 3s:


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
inv3nt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 AM
I eat my R6
 
My94GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,921
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!

from what ive read so far but im sure tommy can confirm, the power 3 is more recommended for people that daily their bikes and need a harder middle compound but would still like a sporty type tire. the pure is still better for people looking to push harder on the street\intermed pace track riders. again im sure someone can correct me a bit more if im mistaken.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig by milko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my build thread-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My94GT is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
 
tfs32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, Missouri
Posts: 16,745
Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!

The Power 3 is kind of a jack of all trades tire, It is mainly going to replace the pilot power and will kill the Pures off for street tires, I have more Info coming out in the coming weeks on all the new tires and the new "track day tire" is a crossbread of the pure and power cup. I have a few sets coming my way which I plan on running along side the Pirelli Superbike Pros
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


BIG CHANGES in ALL tire brands are coming, NOT all the info is out there right now since 90% of the new rubber is still on a ship coming over here. I just got info on all the NEW pirelli Race tires
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WORLD (superbike) of difference in the new rubber
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tfs32 is offline  
 
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 12:35 AM
When in doubtThrottle out
 
mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 5,054
Bike: Zuma
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
discreet Tommy

Sold: 2009 YZF-R6
Given to the ex-bitch, I mean wife: 2010 Ninja 250

MCRA/CCS#81


Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorv
I was wrong.
Quote taken 7-16-15 @ 0640CDT
mercenary is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I eat my R6
 
My94GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,921
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs32 View Post
The Power 3 is kind of a jack of all trades tire, It is mainly going to replace the pilot power and will kill the Pures off for street tires, I have more Info coming out in the coming weeks on all the new tires and the new "track day tire" is a crossbread of the pure and power cup. I have a few sets coming my way which I plan on running along side the Pirelli Superbike Pros
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


BIG CHANGES in ALL tire brands are coming, NOT all the info is out there right now since 90% of the new rubber is still on a ship coming over here. I just got info on all the NEW pirelli Race tires
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WORLD (superbike) of difference in the new rubber
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hmm well it will be exciting to see what comes out. im mainly in the market for a track day type tire now. so itll be interesting to see what you recommend as far as michelin vs pirelli


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig by milko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my build thread-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My94GT is offline  
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,345
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
hmm well it will be exciting to see what comes out. im mainly in the market for a track day type tire now. so itll be interesting to see what you recommend as far as michelin vs pirelli
:drool:

I can't wait to see what Pirelli has for me. I can't wait to get back on those expensive bitches. They are better than crack IMO


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM
I eat my R6
 
Rocky5000100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,877
Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6
The pilot power 3 is replacing the power pure.

The pilot power 2ct will remain in production.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rocky5000100 is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
 
tfs32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, Missouri
Posts: 16,745
Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
The pilot power 3 is replacing the power pure.

The pilot power 2ct will remain in production.
Not the case, sorry.

I am still getting new info from Michelin, the new track day tire will resemble the pures, with different compounds than the current street tire.


Sent from my iPhone using
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tfs32 is offline  
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
I eat my R6
 
Rocky5000100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,877
Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs32 View Post
Not the case, sorry.

I am still getting new info from Michelin, the new track day tire will resemble the pures, with different compounds than the current street tire.


Sent from my iPhone using
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Well apparently they told STG something different, as found 15 seconds into this video Brian states it's a direct replacement for the Power Pure. Am I misunderstanding it?


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rocky5000100 is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 AM
I eat my R6
 
My94GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,921
Re: Michelin street tires!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
Well apparently they told STG something different, as found 15 seconds into this video Brian states it's a direct replacement for the Power Pure. Am I misunderstanding it?


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i think they may be misinformed, every review ive read so far has clearly stated that this is a tire designed to replace the pilot powers but still not be as track worthy as the pure. it seems what Tommy is saying is that the pure is to be replaced as well but with something else that info is still not released yet.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig by milko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my build thread-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My94GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Michelin tires to buy.. rob15us2007 General Discussions 26 04-11-2009 02:02 AM
Where to get Michelin PP CT2 tires? bluroket General Discussions 5 10-22-2008 12:57 PM
Mismatched Michelin Tires tuna_144 Tire Tech Talk 12 09-14-2007 08:59 PM
race tires or street tires(pilot power) bizie General Discussions 16 09-18-2006 02:36 PM
michelin tires dangerousR6 Tire Tech Talk 7 09-20-2004 08:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome