Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Official application for "Best Deal of the Year" award

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  aalfano124 
#1 ·
Good evening,

As a very proud, very happy new owner, I would like to take this opportunity to say...

OMG I can't wait for this weekend!!!

I just purchased a 2006 R6S
- under 5K miles
- stock but for the frame sliders (just what I was looking for)
- immaculate condition
- Raven :idhitit
- came with $500 of gear (jacket, boots, helmet, armored vest, and mil-spec vest) although most of it is too large

and there she sits in my garage, waiting patiently for the rain to clear.

I am a 26 year-old professional with a strong passion for my hobbies.
My last bike was a early 80's Honda CB 750, and it has been a few years since I rode it. I decided it was time to get back to the freedom, so I took my MSF and started searching for a bike in the class that I really love. My only other choice was a Daytona 675, but for the price, I could not pass this bike up. Twisty back roads, here I come.

Oh yeah almost forgot... $3500 :toocool:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice deal welcome to the cool kid club:cool:

#10 ·
Thanks!

I got out today after the rain stopped. I realized I am going to need a new set of tires soon since I am getting down to 1mm. Rear brake couldn't be applied much before the rear tire started to skid.

I am really hands on so I am looking at getting some stands and doing all the work that doesn't require expensive tools.

If anyone wants an XXL Joe Rocket UFO jacket, I decided to get something that fits. :D
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=2013

#16 ·
What's up guys! New to the forum myself, and just like Vicarious, I also picked up the deal of a lifetime. I recently bought a 2008 liquid silver r6 with less than 4k miles on it (3,891 to be exact). The kid I purchased it from was selling it because he was going to grad school and needed the cash. It was dropped once, and the plastics were the only thing in bad shape. I found new plastics (on this forum btw) and put them on as soon as they got shipped to my house. The bike looks amazing now, and it only cost me $3,000!!!!!!!! The best is, that the guy was willing to hold a note on it and take payments so it wasn't all out of pocket! Now I basically have a brand new bike for $3k. I'll try to post pics when I figure out how to do so. I'll include the before, during, and after pics of the fairing project. Thanks guys, and ride safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.