Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

All the way here from Kentucky!

867 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  65765 
#1 ·
Hey all! My name is Sherry, I'm 24yo and I reside in Louisville, KY. I have an 05 R6 that I got in January, 09 when I actually signed up as a member on here but never posted as I was too impatient waiting for my account to be approved :lmao

Anyway, got my first bike FZR600 in 12/06 and rode that 2 seasons and since getting the R6 have been satisfied (within reason of its capabilities). I ride quite a bit and can also be found in Tennessee and North Carolina (leaving tomorrow again for the gap!). My boyfriend rides an 05 R1 and not many people can keep up with him when he takes off! I have acquired some of his skill and tend to ride faster than others around me!! I take his bike out front time to time but it's so wheelie happy that it scares me, yet I ride my friend's 08 cbr1k and that is just as forgiving as my R6, hmm. I do however have a LOT of fun on the r1 :) Just remembering to baby the throttle compared to my bike is intimidating.

I am back now to this forum as I need to learn more about this bike here - all because of my first track day last weekend that locals talked me into doing and despite thinking it would not be great, I was WRONG! Now I am ready to upgrade - my bike only has a slip on. After a friend took me in the straight riding an identical bike but slightly modified! I'd come out of the last turn in 3rd, then full throttle (no more twisting!), shift light, click into 4th no clutch, and same onto 5th and he'd ease past me.

Full exhaust in order, power commander, slide stops, steering stabilizer (I'd get head shake in the straight coming down a slight incline), and an air filter, as well as a few other things to assist me - stomp grips! I'm also going 1 down on my front sprocket. I'm not totally familiar with how upgrades work together, but talking to enough people and being as b/f runs a motorcycle repair shop, they say I'd be good. Other say upgrade the bike rather than drop money into this one, but I like mine so much! Comfier over the R1, for me I can handle it better in the twisties, and quite honestly I can't control a 1000 in comparison to my 600! I just need more "umph" :flex:

If this works, below are some pics.... (I can't figure out how to insert them though)
Both bikes atop the Cheryhola Skyway back in May, me exiting a turn at the track last week

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Gotta love a girl on a bike. Welcome!!

I just moved to Indy a few months ago and have made quite a few trips to your area. Tons of shows and I climb around Louisville often. What track do you ride?

#6 ·
Thanks everyone!!

I went to Putnam this past weekend tH1 - not bad! I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind since the scenery would not change and the fact I was paying when I ride "free" on the streets but being on a track - I had one focus ! I was 1 of 3 women total within 60 people participating. Guess this just isn't the lady sport.

#8 ·
Awesome. Putnam is my "home" track, its only about 20min from me. I know a few girls that ride out here. Ill keep an eye out for you next time. Ive heard Cincinnati has a nice track too.

#9 ·
Other say upgrade the bike rather than drop money into this one, but I like mine so much! Comfier over the R1, for me I can handle it better in the twisties, and quite honestly I can't control a 1000 in comparison to my 600! I just need more "umph" :flex:
Welcome!!! I love seeing more chicks getting bit by the riding bug! :flex:

I say mod your current bike. If you love your 600, why upgrade? There are tons of people here that will say a 600 is more nimble and can get out of turns faster.

Have fun at the track! :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.