Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Hey guys!!

883 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Rob from Jacksonville, Florida. After being without a bike for just over a year I purchased a 2002 R6 a couple months ago. It was an old track bike that was ridden hard, put away wet, and VERY poorly maintained. Did a frame up rebuild of everything except the engine. It seemed fine with good compression and leak down. First ride yesterday of about 120 miles! :toocool: Still need to do some serious tuning of the carbs though. Can't wait to get it squared away and hit the track!

Gonna hit that tuning thread I read earlier and see if I can get some help with that. :D

#2 ·
:wave and welcome to the family! :cheers

#8 ·
welcome

:eek:oh:hammer

#10 ·
Pics? I'll give you pics! Actually just 3. First one is the way I bought it a couple months ago, second is how it ended up 2 days later, and the third is the nearly completed bike. I don't have any of it completed as I currently have the carbs off. Should be riding again tomorrow. Hopefully running better than last time.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.