***Motorcycle Insurance<---Must Read*** - Page 8 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 04:27 AM
I eat my R6
Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6S
Re: ***Motorcycle Insurance<---Must Read***

Originally Posted by buddahson View Post
Health Insurance can be very expensive if it's not employer provided. Some of us are healthy and don't go to the doctor unless absolutely necessarry. I've been twice in the last 15 years and I only went because I had health insurance and figured I might as well use it. The first time I needed stitches and the second time I threw my back out and wanted pain killers. They didn't give me any so I haven't been back. I'm confident I broke a rib or two last year and didn't bother going to the doctor then either since there's not much they can do about it.

Basically what I'm saying is that between myself and my employers the Insurance companies have made plenty of profit off of me. That said, I keep insurance because I know the activities I take part in are likely to get me injured from time to time.
I understand what your saying. I rarely use my health insurance either BUT, if you are riding around on a motorcycle, you are bound to get hurt (eventually). I'm a ICU/transport nurse here in Baltimore. I see people get hurt all the time. Even when you think you are healthy, you're not. Just my opinion obviously but I would not try and save a few hundred dollars a year to risk not carrying health insurance.

I did think about not carrying full coverage on my bike. It's paid off but I recently sold my house and don't have a garage now. So if someone wants to steal my bike, I'm covered.
Sponsored Links
post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Adobeben View Post
State Farm is sweeet... ihave 300/500/300 coverage with 100k in property damage, 500 COMP and Collision and i pay 277 for six months (i have discount cause its group with the house as well as the cars i drive)
I've seen a bunch of posts like this in this thread ...

You guys do realize the medical coverage associated with the insurance on your bike covers the OTHER PERSON, and NOT YOU, right?

Riding without health insurance is pretty much like being on welfare ... if you get hurt, it's the rest of us who pick up the hospital tab (after you declare bankruptcy, that is)

A HUGE thank you to my 2014 sponsors:
www.trackstar1.com, Fast Line Race Tire, Galfer, Vortex, Sidi Boots, LP Racing, www.darksidetactical.com, XT Racing. Come race at Miller with www.utahsba.com
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Bacon fixes everything!
Bike: '07 R6

I pay just over $200 a month with Allstate and that covers home, full coverage on three car, full coverage on my R6, and full coverage on our SUV.

27 years old and not married.
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
Bike: 2002 YZF-R6

Will cost me $1800 / year for full coverage on my 2002 R6. on a 2013 R6 I am being quoted at $4800 / year full coverage. This is the CHEAPEST by multiple companies.
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

I got full coverage. I paid 232 down payment and 115 a month.
$1000 deductible

I should add. I have a brand new M1 license and a brand new 2015 R6
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.