Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Just saying hello

435 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JBear10R 
#1 ·
I figure it's the polite thing to do.
I discovered this forum a couple years ago, back when I upgraded the wife from her dinosaur '97 ZX6E to an '05 R6. I bought it off a friend, essentially a one-owner track toy that hadn't been crashed and had some nice parts on it and I got a good price. He took some of the higher ticket parts off, but left it with recent Pilot Powers, CRG supersport clutch and RaC brake levers, Woodcraft case covers, delrin sliders, integrated tail light/fender eliminator, Puig DB, and a 520 gear conversion that's actually a little steeper than I like for her but it's been doing well enough. Sort of wish he'd left the exhaust and steering stabilizer on there, but oh well. Anyway

I've been lurking here ever since, and have yet to have a question about the bike that I haven't been able to find the answer here by searching around a bit. I probably could have gone on indefinitely like this, but I may want to start buying some stuff in the classifieds in the not too distant future so I may as well sign up now.

Probably won't have much to say, lurking has been working out pretty well so far. Great site, lots of info. Thanks for all the help none of you know you've been to me in the last couple years!

#2 ·
hello and welcome :)

throw some pics up!

#3 ·
Alright then. I don't have any recent, and some things have been changed and upgraded; but this is my old 1st gen Widowmaker, my "starter bike" which I'm still riding years later:

In it's current configuration it has the full race Akra system, Rifleman's 1/5 throttle, GiPro TRE, +2 Supersprox with an Xring, LP carbon fiber mirrors, bar ends sliders and spools, TechSpec Snakeskins, Scott steering damper, Sato rearsets, ASV shorties, BlueGauges white face/blue LED instrument conversion, smoked euro sig's, smoked integrated tail, other stuff I can't remember. There are many gray and poorly matched red parts here that I've since painted black, yadda yadda yadda.

More relevant, the wife's R6. I misspoke earlier about the sliders, obviously not delrin. Regardless, since these pics I added DanMoto rearsets (hoping to adjust her legs into a more comfortable place on the seat, which she complained about. It sort of worked, a little) TechSpec C3 tank grips. She has a bit of a thing for zombies, and added the sticker, although practically speaking I'm not sure a bike is the best choice for that sort of thing. I'm fostering hopes of coming across a deal I can't pass up here in the classifieds on a steering damper to bring her confidence up a little in the corners and slip on exhaust because the stock can is pretty ugly and you can barely hear the bike running. I'm also thinking some sort of aftermarket seat upgrade, because she says this one is too wide and has sharp corners. I don't feel it, but I'm hoping to come across an R6 somewhere with a Sargent or Corbin or something she can sit on before I start dumping money into expensive seats she may not like any better. Regardless, the case in point:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.