Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

HELP - ignite/battery/recharger problem, idk honestly

341 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tones160 
#1 ·
I have a Yamaha 2014, r6 with 5,500 miles on it. I am the first owner and this is the first time i have some major problem like this and i need your help. Thanks in advance all friends
So I was riding back home the other day from the park. First, I started the bike, took me couple shots but the bike worked fine. I rode for about 2 minutes then the engine started cutting off when I was at full clutch. I restarted and kept going. I lost the power couple more times while riding, and of course I kept hitting the "start" button. About 5 minutes after I left, the engine cut off completely and I could not start it again. I pushed to the parking lot and tried to start again but all i heared was "tez" "tez" tez" sound came from the battery areas. the beat was 4 "tez"(s) per second. I ended up towing my bike home.
Some of my friends said it was recharger, some said ignitor. Well, Can you give me our opinion please? and link to the part that you think need replacements. Thanks a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.