Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

New to me 09 R6

627 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MotoMillion 
#1 ·
Hi all, happy to be here, ready to learn more. Kinda new to bikes in general, I had a CBR500R as a starter bike, and then recently upgraded to this.

I absolutely love it, and coming from the car community, it kinda puts "my car is fast" into perspective.
When I bought the bike it needed a few things (a rear sprocket and a set of tires for sure) but I'm having suspension issues and I'm not 100% positive what's going on. I know bike suspension is similar to cars, but not identical.

My fronts seem fine, no leaking fluid, good return, no complaints. The back however feels very "floaty" in corners, like it wants to slide out away from me. I only weigh 130lbs, 5'7" so I assume it's too stiff. However when I went to make just some damping adjustments, I noticed the adjustment screw just turns. Forever. It never bottoms out. I'm not even sure where to begin, if this was a car shock I'd just replace it and be done but I feel like there might be a simpler solution. The shock doesn't feel "blown" like a car shock would, and there's no leaking fluid. Sorry if this is a REALLY simple question, didn't know where to ask! Let me know if I should move it to the suspension/troubleshooting section.

I don't track it right now, but I have a long car racing history and am thinking about possibly tracking in the future.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.