Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

New guy from MN

892 views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ZuuYork 
#1 ·
Joined up because there looks to be a lot of awesome info on this site. Picked up a 2006 R6 in nearly mint shape last fall. Took her up and down the block a few times, then brought it to the Tail of the Dragon a few days later. Love the bike. Hoping to turn it into a dedicated track bike at some point.

See less See more
#14 ·
Make it happen man! I went in November because there wouldn't be the parade of people going up and down the road. I didn't see more than 4 people on the road until about noon. Felt like I owned the road. I did end up getting a speeding ticket at the end of the day. Framed it and hung it on the wall

#18 ·
Yeah the Tail of the Dragon is like 10-15 miles and a few hundred turns. Its an amazing road when there isn't anyone else on it. Locals told me its a joke in the summer, long parade like lines of cars and bikes. But every road around that area is prime time riding. Lots of hills and twisties and good scenery. Roads are in good shape too.

Its worth checking out for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.