• 1 Post By HIS OWN 6
  • 1 Post By Jkni

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
No guts no glory!

Bike: RZ500, FZR400, R6, FJR
Another Newbie

Hello r6 forum-

I'm new to the R6 but not to motorcycles. Been riding for 48 years on a variety of mostly Yamahas, raced with the AFM for 15 years & was a mechanic back when that's what we were called. Kept the wrenching going even now, my arthritic hands are aching lol!
I recently picked up a 2002 model that was fairly original with 7,500 miles and just finished installing Michelin Power RS tires. This bike replaces my 1988 FZR400 track day bike and I'm sure much more fun. Need to do a few more things, test ride a few times then hit the track.
And I think this make 5 posts-yay
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Straight Success likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:17 AM
~C@TcH mE iF U c@N~

Bike: 05 R6 - Cherry
Re: Another Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokamoto View Post
Hello r6 forum-

I'm new to the R6 but not to motorcycles. Been riding for 48 years on a variety of mostly Yamahas, raced with the AFM for 15 years & was a mechanic back when that's what we were called. Kept the wrenching going even now, my arthritic hands are aching lol!
I recently picked up a 2002 model that was fairly original with 7,500 miles and just finished installing Michelin Power RS tires. This bike replaces my 1988 FZR400 track day bike and I'm sure much more fun. Need to do a few more things, test ride a few times then hit the track.
And I think this make 5 posts-yay

Wow talk about having experience under your belt. Well welcome to the forum and the amazing R6. We hope to rely on your expertise as time goes
Smokamoto likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:35 AM
Mr. HER6

Bike: 08 R6, 15 Ninja300

Welcome!
I hope that by the time I've got 48 years of riding under my belt, I've still got the wherewithal to hop onto a sportbike and hit the track.
Smokamoto likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:38 AM
My R6 eats me.

welcome!
Smokamoto likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.