Frame sliders on the track... - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 07:18 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6
Re: Frame sliders on the track...

I crashed on long no-cuts sliders. It looked like it worked fine on pavement but as soon as it hit the mud at VIR it caught and ripped the bolt clean out of the engine.

Running Woodcrafts now. Knock on wood they have not been tested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

i now prefer case covers/savers instead of sliders.

s3aturnr

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: '12 R6

Sliders are better than nothing. Mine helped on my lowside and my cuz and a friend both crashed on the same day (same turn) and the sliders helped greatly in keeping damage down. Only broken mirrors and a foot pegs.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 PM

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Only the longer frame sliders would possibly catch and flip. Like Stef said, go with the short ones or none.
Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
I've had 3 incidents and my bike still looks great and the tank is only chipped. And I bought my Woodcrafts LONG before I was a dealer too. On the 06-07 they come with the long pucks too to help keep the tank off the gound and short ones on the 08+ R6's.

Billy has gone down plenty of times this season and does have some gnarly scratches above the motor mount bolts (where the frame slider base and puck would be).

In 2 of 3 of my incidents, the slider dug into the dirt along with my peg and slowed/stopped the bike quickly.

Jeff Robel who rides for SBTG's AMA team had no sliders on his bike and holes in the bodywork where they were at one point.

In the end the ruling comes down to the fact that every crash is different. I believe in the frame sliders and swingarm sliders and have seen them do wonders
That...

I'm personally not sold on sliders on the track; just going to use tank sliders and case savers, along with rear axle slider (maybe front).
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 01:26 AM
OMG...

Bike: 02 R1, 07 R6, 98 duc 916
Send a message via AIM to manafest

All this talk about Woodcraft... Anyone experienced Motovation frame sliders at the track?

I agree that every fall could be different regardless if you're running frame sliders or not, but to each their own I guess.

"Treat your motor-SICKle like your girlfriend... with tender loving care while giving her some WOT"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.