Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season - Page 23 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 238 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 AM
billdozer
 
WildBill420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,851
Bike: 2011 R6
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackFiend View Post
Yeah,those are the guys I hit the track with. I might go on the 11th since I have a track credit with TPM.Im still waiting to see if anyone else is going.
Ill be there, weather looks to be real good. mid 50's by 9am and a high of 63. 5-10mph winds, clear skies and sunny.

I'm so surprised more aren't interested in riding. I remember the weather being cold last year and we still had a garage or two filled.
WildBill420 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #222 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,278
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

This year is almost over. Anyone wanna post up a recap of their season?

CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE

R6 ECU FLASH Click Here



My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
post #223 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Track=Cocaine
 
R-Silaxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 13,523
Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
This year is almost over. Anyone wanna post up a recap of their season?
Kick it off...

RIP Richard Bishop. You're a great friend and someone I will never forget.
MY TRACK BUILD THREAD http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...05#post2428805
MY TRACK DAY THREADhttp://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...655&highlight=
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn


MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline  
post #224 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,278
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Kick it off...
LOL, too much to write for me right now. HAHAHA

Cliffs:

  • Spent my whole season working on specific skills, etc.
  • Started my own company BAUCE Racing
  • Didn't do as many TD's as I hoped for cause of this ^^
  • FINALLY quit worrying about trail braking everywhere, etc and rode a TD just to ride and dropped time FINALLY. Didn't hit my goals, but it was 50 out and I still got below :34.5 (my best from las year)
  • Had a couple on track incidents as well as off track crashes that SUCKED
  • Ended up running out of money to race after being hit on track by dude on S1000
  • Sponsored racer, fixed my bike, took it to AMA and put it to the test.

CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE

R6 ECU FLASH Click Here



My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
post #225 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 12:16 PM
GSXRage
 
nj01_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,138
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
This year is almost over. Anyone wanna post up a recap of their season?
- Start off pace by 10 seconds
- Crashed in first race of the season
- Struggled all season
- Last race weekend of the season, Anthony put some Bauce Racing stickers on my bike, then someone hit a rumble strip and almost took out the back half of the amateur field and something in my head snapped, back in the 30's.
- Last TD of the year, TPM races, started on the front row, won both races. HAD to be into the 29's, but there was no beacon out
nj01_6 is offline  
post #226 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM
billdozer
 
WildBill420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,851
Bike: 2011 R6
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

2012 Recap:
1. went to jennings in january with Chiefsmokedawg and learned a whole bunch of stuff and got bumped from group 2 to 3, and crashed for my first time.
2. turned my r6 into a track whore during february and march
3. crashed the first day of the season with NJMP/absolute in the rain, last session of the first day of 3, but finished and rode the rest of the weekend.
4. Bumped to group 4 or go home
5. crashed twice in one day @ thunderbolt. concussion and a fun trip to the hospital.
6. I missed only 1 td with absolute cycle due to my concussion.
7. Did a total of 25 days and dropped my previous best lap time of a 1:42 from 2011 down to a 1:32 @ thunderbolt this year.
8. Can't wait to work on the bike over the off months and get ready for 2013!!!
WildBill420 is offline  
post #227 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
TrackFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 45
Bike: 08 R6 Track
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
- Start off pace by 10 seconds
- Crashed in first race of the season
- Struggled all season
- Last race weekend of the season, Anthony put some Bauce Racing stickers on my bike, then someone hit a rumble strip and almost took out the back half of the amateur field and something in my head snapped, back in the 30's.
- Last TD of the year, TPM races, started on the front row, won both races. HAD to be into the 29's, but there was no beacon out
What are you doing here Bob?
TrackFiend is offline  
post #228 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
GSXRage
 
nj01_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,138
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
dropped my previous best lap time of a 1:42 from 2011 down to a 1:32 @ thunderbolt this year.
Excellent, Billy! You should race next year. You're gonna get to the point where you won't push yourself hard enough at trackdays to really drop time. Not saying it's not possible, but you learn a bit about yourself and your bike when there's something on the line, and you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackFiend View Post
What are you doing here Bob?
I'm a Northeast track whore!
nj01_6 is offline  
post #229 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM
billdozer
 
WildBill420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,851
Bike: 2011 R6
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
Excellent, Billy! You should race next year. You're gonna get to the point where you won't push yourself hard enough at trackdays to really drop time. Not saying it's not possible, but you learn a bit about yourself and your bike when there's something on the line, and you want it.



I'm a Northeast track whore!

Thanks Bob, I have been thinking about racing but i love trackdays right now and i'm still learning every td so I just don't want racing to take away the love of just riding.
WildBill420 is offline  
post #230 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,278
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Northeast Track Whore Thread 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
- Start off pace by 10 seconds
- Crashed in first race of the season
- Struggled all season
- Last race weekend of the season, Anthony put some Bauce Racing stickers on my bike, then someone hit a rumble strip and almost took out the back half of the amateur field and something in my head snapped, back in the 30's.
- Last TD of the year, TPM races, started on the front row, won both races. HAD to be into the 29's, but there was no beacon out
Those stickers are the BUSINESS!!

Nice finish to the season Bob!! :thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
2012 Recap:
1. went to jennings in january with Chiefsmokedawg and learned a whole bunch of stuff and got bumped from group 2 to 3, and crashed for my first time.
2. turned my r6 into a track whore during february and march
3. crashed the first day of the season with NJMP/absolute in the rain, last session of the first day of 3, but finished and rode the rest of the weekend.
4. Bumped to group 4 or go home
5. crashed twice in one day @ thunderbolt. concussion and a fun trip to the hospital.
6. I missed only 1 td with absolute cycle due to my concussion.
7. Did a total of 25 days and dropped my previous best lap time of a 1:42 from 2011 down to a 1:32 @ thunderbolt this year.
8. Can't wait to work on the bike over the off months and get ready for 2013!!!
Go 4 or go home!!! That was the BEST bro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackFiend View Post
What are you doing here Bob?
What about you!!!? You ride with TPM too? Not sure if I've met you or not. I stole this thread name and idea from you guys/Bob on GDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
Excellent, Billy! You should race next year. You're gonna get to the point where you won't push yourself hard enough at trackdays to really drop time. Not saying it's not possible, but you learn a bit about yourself and your bike when there's something on the line, and you want it.



I'm a Northeast track whore!
I think so too, but you gotta see how mellow it is when racing isn't your intention and just having fun is. Billy has like 50% less stress than us chasing a click here and a mm there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
Thanks Bob, I have been thinking about racing but i love trackdays right now and i'm still learning every td so I just don't want racing to take away the love of just riding.
I understand and see it first hand bro. Until you got faster and I got on track with you my lap times just hit a brick wall.

But practicing braking (IE slowing down) vs. going fast was what did me in man. That feeling of braking hard with my knee on the ground at turn 1 at Jennings had me chasin the dragon all season. Honestly, I remember like yesterday letting the front tire just push on the brakes out to mid track to double apex 1. It was so MEGA. I have no idea where my balls went after that epic weekend man.

CONTACT/EMAIL ME HERE

R6 ECU FLASH Click Here



My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL 2012 DEALS GAP: R1/R6 Convention Thread: June 4th-10th, 2012 SpidermanSS General Discussions 100 10-04-2012 08:11 AM
Northeast Track Whore Thread 2011 Season ChiefSmokeDawg North East 1012 12-23-2011 07:59 AM
Northeast Sportbikes 5th Annual Beginning of Season BBQ dry3210 North East 23 05-08-2010 06:44 PM
Northeast Post Whore thread Marcelo07R1 North East 16 11-20-2009 06:01 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome