Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

OH, IN, MI, PA Track thread

13K views 78 replies 16 participants last post by  chrisyeager12 
#1 · (Edited)
I know there is one for the Northeast so here is on for us.

I figured this would be a great way for us Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Western Pennsylvania riders to: talk about the tracks, meet up, and help each other if you’re new to the track. So whether you’re a expert racer or 1st time track rider this could be a good meeting point to get ideas of who is going and meet up. I’m hopeful to hit most of these tracks this year.

Trackday Originations:
Motoseries.com --- Runs tracks #1 - 4
Sportbiketracktime.com --- Runs tracks #1 - 2 & 5
Tracktactics.org --- Runs tracks # 3 & 4
NESBA.com --- Runs tracks #3
Mid-Ohio runs their own program

Tracks:
1-Putnam – www.putnampark.com
2-Grattan - www.grattanraceway.com/
3- Beaver Run – www.beaverrun.com/
4- Nelson’s Ledges -www.nelsonledges.com/
5-Gingerman - www.gingermanraceway.com/
6-Mid-Ohio - www.midohio.com/

tracks nearby by aaronk277, on Flickr

Like I said above the goal this year is to hit most of the tracks. The ones I'm hoping for are tracks # 1-4 & 5

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a great idea man. I am going to hit up mid-ohio for sure and some others. I haven't quite sat down yet and figured out my exact plans.

I am definitely looking to meet up with others this summer from the forum.

Once it gets closer I will post the dates of where I will be at. :cheers

#8 ·
I'll prob only get to mid ohio once or twice as they only have twilight runs on a couple saturdays and the rest of their days are like mondays and tuesdays:thumbdown That and I'm too cheap to want to pay a membership fee to ride which I think is total :BS

Great idea I just moved to Indy after 3 years in Texas and I am looking to do some track days up here and meet some new people I am in for a lot of track days this year lets get it on
Welcome to the group

nesba runs beaverun a lot too
List updated

I'm in NY hope you don't mind me dropping in. I plan on hitting up Beaverun and Mid Ohio this summer hopefully definitely one or the other.
Not at all, Welcome

Hey guys :wave
I'm here from Erie and plan on going to the track for the first time this spring! BeavRun and Mid-Ohio are for sure on the list. I also want to make it down to Summit Point in West Virginia. Glad we have a thread now!
Nelson's is a good course to start on. Fast and not as technical as beaver or Mid-ohio, Plus I guess I'm a little bias and liked that motoseries sets up a separate group for beginners with instructors (with no other type of riders) that you follow the whole day to learn the lines and some basic techniques to start your skills in the right direction (which is run by experienced racers) I learned a lot and great people.

Yes indeed

#9 ·
This will be my first day this season with racing on sunday if the weather is good and no snow on the ground

Nelson's Ledges
April 28 Saturday Trackday
April 29 Sunday Racing

#10 ·
How's everyones prep for the seasoning coming along? Me, still sanding but hopeful to be done this week with it and then paint

#13 ·
30 days and counting, plastics painted, new clipons on, still so much to do. Anyone else gone to be at Nelson's at the end of April?

#20 ·
Sub'd since I am in Ohio and would like to come out sometime!

#22 ·
i've done a handful of track days at grattan and a whole lot of track days at gingerman. both great tracks. STT runs the show there. not bad, just not as good as NESBA. beaverun is a really fun track. plus, they're adding another "loop" which looks like it will double the length of the track and possibly allow them to run 2 track days at once. can't wait to see how that works out...

s3aturnr

#24 ·
Well Nelson's got canceled today because of weather,

Next up for me is P.I.R./Beaver run on the 13th

#26 ·
May is booked for me arleady and I wish I could be there so hopefully I'll be there in June

#31 ·
Will do :cheers

Gingerman's available...
I'm about 6 hours away without hauling a trailer(which means even longer of a drive since I drive slower with all that expensive equipment in the back) And funds are tight to try to swing a hotel for the night,plus I need tires on top of that, Or I leave my house at midnight and get there at 7-7:30 in the moring.

I'll get there just not this month as I always try to budget ahead so I don't get myself into hot water.

My 1st two track days were two rain soaked weekends at Nelson's last year.

Had great times learning how to be smooth.

MotoSeries guys were awesome.
Yep I was there and Todd and everyone are great people. Really wanted to race this weekend but it is what it is and Beaver isn't two long of a wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.