Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Ohio Riders

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  yamahacrazy 
#1 ·
Mainly Northern Ohio, South of Cleveland area.

Where are some good places to ride?

There are a few places I'll hit in Brecksville Reservation area, Helltown by Boston Mills (roads are sh!t) and Hinkley Medina area between say the North Royalton Border and Rte. 18 in Medina and from 42 to 77.

The group I ride with mainly hit 71 and take that North to Cleveland and ride around the city but you can only do that so many times until that gets old too.

But where the hell are some good places to ride. I am starting to get bored with what I have been on and am looking for better area's to ride in the South of Cleveland area, if there are even any, twisty sections, if I wanted to go fast in a straight line I'd hit Norwalk.

Any feedback would be great. Maybe a general location or something so I can check it out on Google Maps and figure out how to get there.

Drew

#2 ·
Come out to Nelson's ledges for the day and ride the track. Ton of fun and a lot of great people, the cost isn't to painful, as long as you have boots and gloves, you can rent a suit or depending on you size there are a couple for sale on Craigslist in the Akron area for stupid cheap

sent from the phone

#4 ·
I was just at Nelson's Ledges the other day but for swimmin and drinkin, last Thursday actually, it's only like 45 minutes from me right down Rte. 82. Is there a link you can shoot me for the Nelson's track days so I can see cost's and all that needed to go there? I have gloves, but no actual "riding" boots, just work boots I wear. I will check out craigslist to see what they have for suits for sure! Thanks!

Do you ride street at all, or just track?

check out the forum ohioriders.com

tons of good people in there that love to ride.
I'm on there, seems to be mostly Southern Ohio though. I am not a fan of that forum that much, but I will go back and check it out.

#3 ·
check out the forum ohioriders.com

tons of good people in there that love to ride.

#7 ·
Go down Highway 11 or SR 7 to East Liverpool area, WICKED WICKED WICKED Whipping grounds!!!!!! It's like Wayne National Forest? It's an hour from Youngstown literally any road you take is curvasious! You can spend an entire day and only go so many miles it's that awesome! It's like a weekend trip kinda deal if you ask me, but I'd want to stay all week. Hit me up sometime if you'd like to go ?? Maybe next season though, I'm only doing local riding because I'd rather not go to far this cold/wet.

#13 ·
There are cell phone apps that, (provided the phone is on, not in battery-saver mode, is still on you, hasn't been smashed, within triangulation range of a couple of cell towers, the app is running,) can help fam & friends keep tabs on your location. Phones from Android, Microsoft, Apple also have that 'find my phone' function though fam has to know your account and password. There used to be a Microsoft app called "ReachMe" but think that was discontinued.

#14 ·
the medics didn't even see my medical info tag sewn to my old suit. it had all my contact info in it. paramedics need to get out more and learn about all the stuff out there. they didn't even know about the emergency helmet release in my shoei helmet. it even has 2 stickers that say emergency release pull down to remove cheek pads. so they can slide the helmet off without having to pull it off putting stress on your neck. so they cut the strap instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.