Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

2015 Nelson's Ledges

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  aaronk277 
#1 ·
The Track season is about to commence here in NE Ohio. Figured I throw up a thread for anyone who was thinking about trackdays or even racing. The Motoseries family is a great group of people and for some crazy reason their letting me instruct this year :jacked So if your looking to have some fun, better your riding skills or win the podium come out and ride with us.

Trackday Origination: Motoseries www.Motoseries.com

Track: Nelson’s Ledges http://nelsonledgesracecomplex.com/

Fridays starts @ 5pm - Intermediate and Advance Groups only
Saturday starts @ 7am - All levels (novice, Intermediate, Advance and Schools)
Sundays are Race days

Here is the 2015 schedule:
April 24-26
May 15-17
June 5-7
June 26-28
July 17-19
July 31-August 1-2
August 21-23
September 18-20

Typical Trackday Schedule:
7:00
Optional Track Walk, assemble at Registration

7:30
Registration Opens

8:00
Tech Inspection Opens

8:30
Mandatory Riders Meeting

9:00
Track Day/Schools Begin, Each group rotating every 20 minutes
Registration and Tech Closes

First -
Advance Group

Second -
Intermediate Group and Race School

Third -
Novice Group

12:00
Sessions End, Lunch Break Begins

1:00
Lunch Break Ends, Track Day/Schools Begin, Each group rotating every 20 minutes

First -
Advance

Second -
Intermediate and Race School

Third -
Novice

4:00
Mock Race - Rehearsals for Racing Starting Grids

4:10
Combined Intermediate and Advance Groups

4:40
Novice Group

5:00
Track Day/Schools end

5:15
Graduation Ceremonies

9:00
Gates Locked

See less See more
#2 ·
Well those that were planning on going out to the track, the days have been cancelled for safety reasons do to the low temperatures,possible snow and ice on the track

#4 ·
i was wondering also....

ran it with wera..had a love hate relationship with NL.

#5 ·
Sorry hadn't been on for awhile, Nelson Ledges never closed, old management was kicked out do to running the place very poorly and tried to spread rumors that the track was closed. I know the people running the track now very very well, great guys. Also they have been doing a ton to get the track back to par.

#7 ·
I'm be out at Nelson's this weekend, looking forward to being back on the track

#10 ·
They are slowly fixing things up, the track is also in a lot better condition than it was and they are making improvements weekly. It will take a little time but it will get to Pitt's level.

Oh yeah I'll be there this weekend to teaching the novice group. You should stop on over

Edit: saw your in dc so stop by for the weekend

#11 ·
What a great weekend at Nelson's. Weather was perfect 82 with a nice breeze all day. Only two more weekends left and the trackdays are done here until next year?

#12 ·
Keep me posted?? I was told by a local dealership to take my R1 08 out for a track day for lessons on how to better my skills, never got to it. Just bought another bike, Yamaha R6 07. Wondering if everything was going well? I'm from North-East Ohio and am looking for buddies to ride with and teach me a few things.

Thanks

#13 ·
Congrats on the new bike, unfortunately the season at the track has been over for awhile. But hey there is always next year. But the days for the 2016 season won't be posted until January or February. I'll keep you posted when I get the info.

#14 ·
[/quote]

Congrats on the new bike, unfortunately the season at the track has been over for awhile. But hey there is always next year. But the days for the 2016 season won't be posted until January or February. I'll keep you posted when I get the info.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information! Yeah, that would be nice. I'm considering what stabilizer to buy at the moment or to just go without one. I will be riding all year, I already put 200 miles on in the first week. My last bike just in winter i put 8k miles oct-feb!! I'm pumped!

#15 ·
Congrats on the new bike, unfortunately the season at the track has been over for awhile. But hey there is always next year. But the days for the 2016 season won't be posted until January or February. I'll keep you posted when I get the info.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information! Yeah, that would be nice. I'm considering what stabilizer to buy at the moment or to just go without one. I will be riding all year, I already put 200 miles on in the first week. My last bike just in winter i put 8k miles oct-feb!! I'm pumped![/QUOTE]

If you're not looking at getting in trackdays, there isn't a huge need for a stabilizer, I have a pit bull and love it. Things you will need and now is the time to buy if you don't already have them; boots, full race gloves. You can rent a suit at the track but the other two you cannot. Be safe out there because word is this winter is going to be worse than last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.